Page 2 of 27 < 1 2 3 4 ... 26 27 >
Topic Options
#525228 - 10/29/03 06:22 PM Re: Nutty laws in Vermont....?
Dan Carroll Offline

Loc: Chicago, IL
Quote:
Originally posted by Samuel Catalino:
Are you sure you are not referring to his brother?

Were Jan Lentz, Sonja Haught, and Mauricio Rosas arrested by federal law enforcement?

#525229 - 10/29/03 06:45 PM Re: Nutty laws in Vermont....?
TTROY Offline

Loc: Columbus, OH, USA
So Sam then this post was not about laws per se but a dig at a cadidate for president....

how childish of you.... why disguise what your intentions are...just come right out and say what you want to say...

don't hide behind this....

some people astound me .....

I again ask what was your point?

#525230 - 10/29/03 11:49 PM Re: Nutty laws in Vermont....?
IWright Offline

Laws against handling the corpses of endangered animals, usually roadkill, are in place so that officials know (Or have a rough idea) how many of these animals are killed by traffic. They also use DNA testing to check the genetic diversity of the local population, and check individual markings to track migration, breeding, etc. The laws are used to prosecute people who think that a squashed wolf's carcass makes a cool souvenir.

Other laws against handling the corpses of ANY dead animals are usually in place because - Dead animals. Rotting, diseased flesh. You figure it out. The laws are in place to lock away people too dumb to understand the germ theory of disease.

The only 'idiotic' thing here is that these laws are needed at all. Some people don't seem to see the problem with scrapping festering meat off the highway.

#525231 - 10/30/03 12:34 AM Re: Nutty laws in Vermont....?
TTROY Offline

Loc: Columbus, OH, USA
Some people fail to see that idiocy though and use a story like this to putg forth their political views without having the balls to come right out and say what they are saying.....

right Sam????

What was the point you really wanted to make about vermont laws? Huh?

#525232 - 10/30/03 07:44 AM Re: Nutty laws in Vermont....?
Samuel Catalino Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by TTROY:
So Sam then this post was not about laws per se but a dig at a cadidate for president....

how childish of you.... why disguise what your intentions are...just come right out and say what you want to say...

don't hide behind this....

some people astound me .....

I again ask what was your point?

My point is that there are crazy people and crazy politicians in Vermont and I am not hiding behind anything.

#525233 - 10/30/03 07:54 AM Re: Nutty laws in Vermont....?
Samuel Catalino Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by Dan Carroll:

Were Jan Lentz, Sonja Haught, and Mauricio Rosas arrested by federal law enforcement?

Wasn't this at a rally for President Bush at Legends field in Tampa back in 2001?

Again, what does this have to do with Jeb Bush as I believe it was Tampa Police that were involved?

Also, the charges were dismissed by the State Attorney.

Also they are suing the city with Luke Lirot helping out. If you have never heard of Lirot, he is the one constantly representing Joe Redner of Mons Venus fame.

Get your facts straight.

#525234 - 10/30/03 08:02 AM Re: Nutty laws in Vermont....?
Samuel Catalino Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by IWright:
Laws against handling the corpses of endangered animals, usually roadkill, are in place so that officials know (Or have a rough idea) how many of these animals are killed by traffic. They also use DNA testing to check the genetic diversity of the local population, and check individual markings to track migration, breeding, etc. The laws are used to prosecute people who think that a squashed wolf's carcass makes a cool souvenir.

Other laws against handling the corpses of ANY dead animals are usually in place because - Dead animals. Rotting, diseased flesh. You figure it out. The laws are in place to lock away people too dumb to understand the germ theory of disease.

The only 'idiotic' thing here is that these laws are needed at all. Some people don't seem to see the problem with scrapping festering meat off the highway.

Who needs the animals anyway? Survival of the fittest, right?

#525235 - 10/30/03 08:51 AM Re: Nutty laws in Vermont....?
Dean R Milburn Offline

Loc: Indianapolis
Quote:
Originally posted by Samuel Catalino:

My point is that there are crazy people and crazy politicians in Vermont and I am not hiding behind anything.

Explain to me how one would suss that out from your original post

Quote:
Well, we have had our share of problems in Florida...
I just love this story...it just shows that idiotic laws are in every state and those that enforce them are the same...

http://seattlepi.nwsource.com/national/apfeature_story.asp?category=1120&slug=Sna ke%20Freezer

Will someone explain to me how you break the law when handling a dead animal? Even if it was an endangered species? Well, with Dean as a former governor, nothing surprises me in Vermont.

Maybe someone could explain this idiocy to me?

You never assert that there are crazy politicians in Vermont. To whatever extent you indict Vermont, you indict all the other states generally ("in every state) and Florida in particular. You conclude the law is idiodic, but then ask for an explanation of it.

If your point is that there are crazy people and crazy politicians in Vermont, why didn't you just say so? Because it's easier to throw out some vague notions rather than solid arguments so that you can weasel out later?

All hail the Comicon Master Debater!

#525236 - 10/30/03 08:54 AM Re: Nutty laws in Vermont....?
Samuel Catalino Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by Dean R Milburn:

You never assert that there are crazy politicians in Vermont. To whatever extent you indict Vermont, you indict all the other states generally ("in every state) and Florida in particular. You conclude the law is idiodic, but then ask for an explanation of it.

If your point is that there are crazy people and crazy politicians in Vermont, why didn't you just say so? Because it's easier to throw out some vague notions rather than solid arguments so that you can weasel out later?

All hail the Comicon Master Debater!

What part of "...it just shows that idiotic laws are in every state and those that enforce them are the same..." did you fail to understand?

#525237 - 10/30/03 09:03 AM Re: Nutty laws in Vermont....?
dlmccaslin Offline

Actually, laws in West Virginia make it legal to pick up roadkill, as long as you kill it. It keeps the costs down for the state.

Of course, when the law was passed it made leadlines around the country of the "look at the stupid hick" variety, and West Virginia became a little bit more of a laughing stock. To everyone, I'd assume, except for Mr. Catalino, who apparently feels there's nothing wrong with hauling dead, possibly diseased carcasses around.

"-Wild things leave skins behind them, they leave clean skins and teeth and white bones behind them, and these are tokens passed from one to another, so that the fugitive kind can always follow their kind . . ."

Page 2 of 27 < 1 2 3 4 ... 26 27 >