Topic Options
#535192 - 01/30/09 12:46 AM Read Paul Popes book from last year
King of Wisdom Offline

Loc: Under a Pile of Dirt
That guy is pretty cool he influences me to get on a diet because he's so skinny. Taking about how he was in Japan for 5 years making sub par manga untill they fired him in 2000.

I've been watching the aussy open for the last few weeks
I'm going to see if Nadal can beat this guy tonight Roddick lost last night.

I have a new system for layouts carpenter pencils on looseleaf looks real promosing I did a buncha stuff for Crock still have 15 sides to go

People in this world are fucking stupid these two guys waiting in front of me were all gannster like in front of their women talk about stupid dissing me off like I'm a piece of shit.

Our boss Ashley is a stupid retarded whore I will continue to look at her saggy boobs and piss her off.

we got some Alaskan fish fertilizer in the truck today I had to open it up to see what it was all of the bottle were broken and this stuff stuck like all hell I imedialty threw the junk out despite getting some on my shirt when I opened the box up made up a claims slip.

#535194 - 01/30/09 01:43 AM Re: Read Paul Popes book from last year [Re: King of Wisdom]
necrotechno Offline

I saw him recently in a documentary about comics adapted to film, called Comic Books Unbound. He looks exactly like his drawing style. Kinda crusty and unkempt.

Tim Sale was in it, too. He's more manly looking than I would have guessed from his lazy, limp-wristed drawings.

#535209 - 01/30/09 11:27 AM Re: Read Paul Popes book from last year [Re: necrotechno]
Ed Gauthier Offline

Loc: California
So when they make that dork the Pope, he's gonna been known as Pope Pope? Interesting!

#535212 - 01/30/09 11:38 AM Re: Read Paul Popes book from last year [Re: Ed Gauthier]
Ceci n'est pas une chaussette Offline

DCP: "So when they make that dork the Pope, he's gonna been known as Pope Pope?"

No. In the unlikely event that Paul Pope was made head of the Roman Catholic Church, he would change his name, like every other man to hold the office in the last 1400 years.

Everything you think, say, or do is wrong.

#535227 - 01/30/09 12:40 PM Re: Read Paul Popes book from last year [Re: Ceci n'est pas une chaussette]
Ed Gauthier Offline

Loc: California
Yep, I was hoping some sap like you would fall for my trap, there!

Cici: "...he would change his name, like every other man to hold the office in the last 1400 years."

Gotcha! You don't run for OFFICE to be a Pope, stupid, because it isn't one! Now WHO'S wrong?

Haw! Haw!

#535228 - 01/30/09 12:50 PM Re: Read Paul Popes book from last year [Re: Ed Gauthier]

DCP: "Yep, I was hoping some sap like you would fall for my trap, there!"

The trap of you being wrong about everything? How is that a trap, exactly?

DCP: "Gotcha! You don't run for OFFICE to be a Pope, stupid, because it isn't one! Now WHO'S wrong?"

You. The office of the pope is called the papacy, and demands that he act as both head of the Roman Catholic Church and the official head of state of Vatican City. The election process is one of the oldest on the planet, dating back (in its current form) to 1274.

Why must you be wrong about everything? Can't you try saying something like "the sky is sometimes blue" just to be right for once? To see what it feels like?

#535234 - 01/30/09 02:39 PM Re: Read Paul Popes book from last year [Re: Ed Gauthier]
Peter Urkowitz Offline

Loc: Salem, MA, USA
The joke about Pope Pope was funny, but "You don't run for OFFICE to be a Pope, stupid, because it isn't one" ? What's that supposed to mean?

The pope is elected to his office by the college of cardinals, right? Sometimes multiple candidates do run for the office, although it's kind of a back-rooms sort of thing, not a full-on media campaign, I guess. If pope-hood isn't an "office," what do you call it? And who cares, anyway?

What a weird thing to crow about.

#535236 - 01/30/09 03:11 PM Re: Read Paul Popes book from last year [Re: Peter Urkowitz]

Also, he fucks dogs.

#535250 - 01/30/09 05:36 PM Re: Read Paul Popes book from last year [Re: Ceci n'est pas une chaussette]
Figaro Offline

Yes, but the Pope doesn't actually work in an office, like the ones you see on TV, so therefore Ed is right about everything.

Moderator:  COMICON Admin