Page 23 of 23 < 1 2 ... 21 22 23
Topic Options
#528359 - 11/05/08 03:50 PM Re: Things I learned from the DC Message Boards [Re: Dumas]
wcrupe Offline

Loc: Gaithersburg, MD, Good Ol' USA
[non-bold is dumas]Fair enough, Hsalf. I apologize.

But still... The way you just called me a hypocrite was pretty dickish. I think you owe me an apology now.

dumas, reading back I don't see where I called you a hypocrite. I can see why you may think so as I picked out (probably out of context) a couple phrases that are in the Bible. You said you had comeback from church and I was trying point out errors in how maybe you interpret it. My mistake was that I made an assumption you were hiding behind religion. My bad.

I sincecerly apoplgize. The internet is an imperfect way of communicating and intent does not always "translate". AFA dickish, I've tons of testosterone and the equipment to go along with it.

And as for this:

Quote:
Bearing false witness against your neighbor.

Why don't you also point that out to Jokergas, Bearscout, Patchwork and Generalzod33? They do that shit all the time.

When they call me an asshole, I'll deal with it, don't worry.

Bearscout claims to be a good Christian (you know... in spite of that whole gay BDSM thing he's into being forbidden repeatedly by the Bible) and he spent months lying about me to anybody who would listen.

If you don't believe me, I'm sure a lot of other people remember all the time he spent lying about me saying that I wished he would get AIDS and using that to try to turn people against me.

Even without double checking I will take your word. When religion has to be mentioned on a comic message board I tend to tune out.

If all else fails, just ask Shyguy or Cookylamoo.

I do believe that you can add a world of comic knowledge to message boards. And I am not "kissing" up, there are lots of posters, on every kind of board, I could not say that about.

In that spirit, how about let's put this past us and try to stay positive?

No sarcasm or double meanings are intended in this post.

Edited by wcrupe (11/06/08 07:29 AM)

#528366 - 11/05/08 04:13 PM Re: Things I learned from the DC Message Boards [Re: The New Gerald]
wcrupe Offline

Loc: Gaithersburg, MD, Good Ol' USA
Originally Posted By: The New Gerald
What I saw from the DC board is that alot of people there would get ass-hurt when you have criticisms for their favorite company, comic or writer. They'll keep bringing up the 10th age of magic, call you a hater, posting endless smokey robinson youtube videos, and other weird shit.

So I know what Dumas is talking about.

I just stopped posting over there and stayed with this board. Now after reading this, I will be staying away from this board as well.

Gerald,

DCMB is an odd creature with its own personality (or lack thereof) Final Crisis topics has really brought out the worst in many, many, posters. There are a lot bad feelings about DC editors, creators, late books, weekly books, etc being transferred to other fellow posters. I'm not trying to apologize, I now spend little time there and way less time bothering to post.

If it will help you feel better, I'm 55. Years, not speed limit smile dumas and I have made amends, no more negatives from me. I post at only a couple websites but read many. comicon has some high level comics discussions and if you want to talk comics, I would suggest staying away from any "corporate" message boards. If I added to your decision to leave, it was not the intention. Nor was that the intention of dumas, Lawson, or anyone.

I ststed my 'net experience in an earlier post. Like "road rage", posters forget that there are real people behind those words, like road rages forget that those are people, not just automoblies out there.

What ever you decide, take care.

Bill Crupe

Bill Crupe

#559943 - 10/29/09 07:44 PM Re: Things I learned from the DC Message Boards [Re: wcrupe]
Dumas Offline

Loc: Melnibone
Bump.

Edit: I'm not sure why I did this, other than the first nine pages or so still seemed fun. Please just ignore the grave digging.

Edited by Dumas (10/29/09 07:52 PM)

Page 23 of 23 < 1 2 ... 21 22 23

Moderator:  Rick Veitch, Steve Conley