Page 3 of 83 < 1 2 3 4 5 ... 82 83 >
Topic Options
#560794 - 11/13/09 04:14 PM Re: Only at the John Byrne Forum ... [Re: Paul W. Sondersted, Jr.]
Joe Lee Offline

Originally Posted By: Paul W. Sondersted, Jr.
Desperation was a pretty good novel written by Stephen King...However, it should also be used as a title for a book written by (and about) several members of Comicon.com (most of the names of which can be found in the posts above).

You guys have hit dry dock...again. crazy

("Like clockwork...Here comes, Paul!")

I know I'm going to regret this but, Paul, I'm not sure what the heck you're talking about. What and who are "desperate," in your mind? I just see a few people making light of some arguably dumb quotes, some directly and indirectly, what's so "desperate" ?

#560820 - 11/14/09 02:09 AM Re: Only at the John Byrne Forum ... [Re: Joe Lee]
Paul W. Sondersted, Jr. Offline

Loc: Sparks, Nevada, United States
Perhaps you're right & I'm seeing it the wrong way...BUT, it seems to me that the desperation kicks in when something so relatively minor is called a pissing match...

Most around here know that I react to the usual exaggerations & innuendos and so far I've seen the JBF called pedantic (and the JBF is about as pedantic as Comicon...oh wait!)...The thread in question called the aforementioned pissing match & a battle (which is so far from the truth of the matter)...Members of the JBF called idiots (pot met a kettle there)...The usual accusation of arbitrary banning (which is inherently untrue).

All smacks of desperation for something to complain about. The usual modus operandi of a few hereabouts.

Then again, like I said, perhaps I'm seeing things the wrong way. If so, I apologize.

#560821 - 11/14/09 04:01 AM Re: Only at the John Byrne Forum ... [Re: Paul W. Sondersted, Jr.]
Kirth Offline

Loc: Chicago, Illinois

John Byrne is a...

one hellavan artist on that new "Angel" comic.

Boo.

At least he's doing SOMETHING.

#560832 - 11/14/09 02:38 PM Re: Only at the John Byrne Forum ... [Re: Kirth]

And he appears to have a positive attitude about the work he's doing lately.

No realistic ammunition for the naysayers, which is why they are getting desperate.

crazy

#560834 - 11/14/09 04:14 PM Re: Only at the John Byrne Forum ... [Re: Paul W. Sondersted, Jr.]
Budman Offline

Loc: Penfield, Ny USA
Of course he has a positive attitude in his public persona. I think it finally dawned on him that talking shit about a company (Marvel/dc) will get you no work.

#560836 - 11/14/09 05:33 PM Re: Only at the John Byrne Forum ... [Re: Budman]
Kirth Offline

I'd like to see what Byrne would do with Marvel property OTHER than Spider-Man or X-Men. Perhaps Punisher or Guardians of the Galaxy.

I probably won't LIKE it when I see it, but I'd like to SEE it.

Titans at DC, maybe.

Edited by Kirth (11/14/09 05:35 PM)

#560843 - 11/14/09 09:07 PM Re: Only at the John Byrne Forum ... [Re: Paul W. Sondersted, Jr.]
Allen Montgomery Online   content

Originally Posted By: Paul W. Sondersted, Jr.
And he appears to have a positive attitude about the work he's doing lately.

I though it was you who said I didn't go looking for it that Byrne had complained about his IDW page rate?

#560848 - 11/15/09 01:01 AM Re: Only at the John Byrne Forum ... [Re: Allen Montgomery]

Wasn't me. And even if he did complain about what he was getting paid, his positive attitude seems to shine through when he's discussing the work itself.

That's the cool thing, even though he is more than likely not making (by far) what he was making before, he still appears to maintain his enjoyment regarding his work.

#560849 - 11/15/09 04:32 AM Re: Only at the John Byrne Forum ... [Re: Paul W. Sondersted, Jr.]
Kirth Offline

Actually, after having done everyTHING, everyWHERE, it must be hard to find something that really DRIVES him to "create".

He has actually done an issue of everything, hasn't he?

Let's find a title Byrne NEVER did an issue of.

Well...

...he never did any DC horror books, although he did do Werewolf by Night in something....I don't recall exactly...

Ideas?

Edited by Kirth (11/15/09 04:32 AM)

#560856 - 11/15/09 02:04 PM Re: Only at the John Byrne Forum ... [Re: Kirth]

I don't think there'd be enough room to list the stuff he hasn't worked on, but perhaps we can narrow it down to what we'd like to see JB work on that he never has before (guest appearances don't count, right?)...

In no particular order...

For Marvel:

Doctor Strange
Thor
Defenders
Captain Marvel
Eternals
Ghost Rider
Invaders

For DC Comics:

Batman (yes, he did work with Batman, but not on a regular basis)
Firestorm
Green Lantern
(he & Larry Niven barely skimmed GL with Ganthet's Tale, but Ganthet did influence GL a lot...even into today's continuity)
Hawkman
Justice Society
Martian Manhunter
Metal Men
Shazam!
(the REAL Captain Marvel)
The Spectre
The Flash

Of course, most want to see JB return to Next Men or create something new, but that's a whole 'nother discussion IMO. laugh

Page 3 of 83 < 1 2 3 4 5 ... 82 83 >

Moderator:  Rick Veitch, Steve Conley