Page 3 of 14 < 1 2 3 4 5 ... 13 14 >
Topic Options
#566603 - 02/24/10 02:10 PM Re: LOST: Anyone here still watching? [Re: MightyQuin]
MightyQuin Offline

Loc: Tallahassee,FL
'Clairrousseau' is compellingly crazy,not sure how Jin thought it was a good idea to accompany her into a sure to be gunfight situation. Will unLocke tell Jin he is not who he appears to be? If so,he'll be doing a lot of explaining to each possible recruit.Since Claire's mentally somewhat incapacitated,he could always say that he is humoring her in some way,I suppose. But,who is the boy unLocke chases in the jungle? That's a big one,I guess. I've heard Jacob as a guess most frequently or a newly introduced intermediary figure between the light and dark,but my first thought on seeing him was that he's Aaron time jumping from 7-8 years in the future. Good episode despite being a Jack ep!

#568354 - 03/17/10 11:21 AM Re: LOST: Anyone here still watching? [Re: MightyQuin]
MightyQuin Offline

We're being shown the human side of the Smoke Monster,but I'm amazed no one asks him/it,"so what's a smoke monster like yourself plan to do in the outside world,destroy Tokyo?"

#568356 - 03/17/10 01:00 PM Re: LOST: Anyone here still watching? [Re: MightyQuin]
Charles Reece Offline

Loc: us of fuckin' a
Yeah. I suppose the biggest flaw with LOST is the lack of questions from its characters. A lot of conflict might be lessened if someone occasionally demanded answers, rather than acting first, then expecting the answer. Sayid, for example, was having a nonviolent conversation with the Japanese guy, and could've pressed him more on why he should stick a knife in Locke before giving him a chance to speak. Or how about, who is this guy who looks like Locke? What's his story? etc..

On a more positive note: I really enjoy how the characters display seemingly genuine emotions (Ben explaining his actions, Claire crying to Kate), but because of the structure of the show, we still can't completely trust what's being shown, despite wanting to.

#568388 - 03/18/10 11:54 AM Re: LOST: Anyone here still watching? [Re: Charles Reece]
MightyQuin Offline

All true,Charles,the characters do display a bit of 'selective ignorance' so the writers can unfold the plot when and how they want to. Along that line,do you or anyone know whether the captions of the last week's Lost episodes are canon? I watch most of those just to see what I might've missed or at least stay on point. Have to say that I liked Ben/Emerson 's performance last week better the second time I watched it. What seemed like truncated and unsupported adjustments were anything but!

#568391 - 03/18/10 12:49 PM Re: LOST: Anyone here still watching? [Re: MightyQuin]
RANDY Offline

Loc: U.S.A.
The long awaited Richard Alpert episode is coming up next week so I imagine that a lot of questions will be answered and some of the 'selective ignorance' will be taken care of. Last year I read somewhere that the captions are put together by Greg nations, the series 'keeper of knowledge'. So they are evidently considered to be canon.

#568423 - 03/19/10 11:20 AM Re: LOST: Anyone here still watching? [Re: RANDY]
MightyQuin Offline

Appreciate the info on the captions,Randy! Still think some might be a tricky misdirection,but I guess time will tell and soon,only 8 left.

#569300 - 04/05/10 12:46 PM Re: LOST: Anyone here still watching? [Re: MightyQuin]
Charles Reece Offline

6 left and the finale?

Here's my latest thinking.

#569683 - 04/12/10 01:29 PM Re: LOST: Anyone here still watching? [Re: Charles Reece]
Dan Carroll Offline

Loc: Chicago, IL
It's kind of a goofy side-note, but Nedroid's Lost comics have been cracking me up all morning.

A few awesome ones:

http://twitpic.com/1dqx6z

http://twitpic.com/1diy19

http://twitpic.com/1c2yjn

http://twitpic.com/191r6z

And my personal favorite:

http://twitpic.com/1ajjxo

#572135 - 05/23/10 10:10 PM Re: LOST: Anyone here still watching? [Re: Dan Carroll]
Charles Reece Offline

#572144 - 05/24/10 01:34 AM Re: LOST: Anyone here still watching? [Re: Charles Reece]
Allen Montgomery Online   content

Well, that was some motherfucking weak sauce. Viewers guessed years ago that the characters all died in the crash the island was the afterlife, and Abrams said no. Lame. The music was hideous.

Cheap-ass production values, too. Looked like the costliest budget item was the fat dude's lunch. Which doesn't make much sense, considering how many commercials the show had. Five minutes of show, six minutes of commercials, etc.

Oh, and a big *FUCK YOU* to whoever slipped that Prisoner reference in there! People will not be debating Lost 45 years from now. You lame-ass posers are not in that league, and you never will be.

Page 3 of 14 < 1 2 3 4 5 ... 13 14 >

Moderator:  Rick Veitch, Steve Conley