Page 5 of 14 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 13 14 >
Topic Options
#572176 - 05/24/10 12:59 PM Re: LOST: Anyone here still watching? [Re: Charles Reece]
Allen Montgomery Offline

That the whole thing was taking place in dreamland. In reality, they all died in the crash. Otherwise, what was all that debris?

#572177 - 05/24/10 12:59 PM Re: LOST: Anyone here still watching? [Re: Charles Reece]
MBunge Offline

Loc: Waterloo, Iowa, United States
The LOST guys appear to have created one of the greatest series finales ever. It gave most fans the emotionally satisfying ending they wanted AND it gave most critics the confirmation they wanted that much of the show didn't make sense and really was pulled out of the creators' butts.

Mike

#572178 - 05/24/10 02:19 PM Re: LOST: Anyone here still watching? [Re: RANDY]
Allen Montgomery Offline

Originally Posted By: RANDY
And besides composer Michael Giacchino didn’t win all of those Oscar, Emmy and Grammy awards for nothing.

Eminem won an Oscar. So... your point?

Giacchino directed the band on Kimmel's show afterwards and was playing a ukulele. The particular uke he was playing is manufactured by a company called Flea Market Music and the model's name is the Fluke.

http://www.fleamarketmusic.com/store/scripts/prodList.asp?idCategory=5

Whether that means anything or not.

#572179 - 05/24/10 02:26 PM Re: LOST: Anyone here still watching? [Re: MBunge]
Allen Montgomery Offline

Originally Posted By: MBunge
the emotionally satisfying ending

Kimmel did a montage of the "tender moments" which started out with all the close-up kissing scenes, then threw in some face-punching scenes for comedic effect. Then it went back to the hugging and kissing, then more kicking and punching, back-and-forth. I felt like I had just re-watched the finale.

#572181 - 05/24/10 02:40 PM Re: LOST: Anyone here still watching? [Re: Charles Reece]
RANDY Offline

Loc: U.S.A.
Allen, I don't know how much you've been watching of Lost but I think that you may be confused about the planes. The wreckage on the beach is from Oceanic Flight 815, which broke up over the island in the original pilot. The plane that Frank, Miles, Richard and the rest took off in was Aljira Flight 316, which was the plane that the Oceanic 6 (or is it Oceanic 5 without Aaron?) used to return to the Island during season 5. That plane landed on the Other's runway pretty much in one piece. As for the plane that Jack saw at the end I'm assuming that it was the Aljira plane successfully taking Frank, Richard, Miles, Kate, Claire and Sawyer back to the real world.

#572182 - 05/24/10 02:49 PM Re: LOST: Anyone here still watching? [Re: RANDY]
Allen Montgomery Offline

Oh, okay. There were two planes then. This was only the second episode I'd watched.

#572183 - 05/24/10 02:52 PM Re: LOST: Anyone here still watching? [Re: Allen Montgomery]
Allen Montgomery Offline

I don't recall the finale of M.A.S.H. being very difficult to understand.

#572184 - 05/24/10 03:08 PM Re: LOST: Anyone here still watching? [Re: Allen Montgomery]
Allen Montgomery Offline

Whoever this guy is, he does pretty good reviews:

http://www.imdb.com/user/ur6643014/comments

#572189 - 05/24/10 06:37 PM Re: LOST: Anyone here still watching? [Re: Allen Montgomery]
Peter Urkowitz Offline

Loc: Salem, MA, USA
I still haven't seen any episodes of Lost, but I'm sure I'll get it on DVD or download someday.

My friends who do watch it were ambivialent about the finale, but they LOVED the commercials for Target that ran during the braodcast. In one, a pig runs through the jungle, and then we see the onscreen words: "Barbecue Sauce $2.39." In another, we see the Smoke Monster on the beach, and then the words "Smoke Detector $7.99." So that was entertaining, at least.

#572220 - 05/25/10 11:33 AM Re: LOST: Anyone here still watching? [Re: Allen Montgomery]
Dan Carroll Offline

Loc: Chicago, IL
Originally Posted By: Allen Montgomery
Also, if they could have just backed out and flown away, why did this series last so long?

Jacob, the mystic god-thing that ran the island, was keeping people from leaving. Even if people somehow managed to get off the island, it would keep fucking with their heads and they'd be drawn back. (Six of them do escape at one point, and they all wind up being forced to come back.)

Jacob died at the end of season 5, and once Jack took over in the next-to-last episode, Jacob's rules were all lifted from the island. (As we see with Richard suddenly having his first grey hair... Richard was Jacob's assistant, and Jacob made him immortal. Once Jacob's influence stopped, Richard started aging again.)

Page 5 of 14 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 13 14 >

Moderator:  Rick Veitch, Steve Conley