Page 192 of 398 < 1 2 ... 190 191 192 193 194 ... 397 398 >
Topic Options
#577194 - 09/08/10 07:58 PM Re: Q for JB [Re: Joe Lee]
Troy Lightbourne Offline

Originally Posted By: Joe Lee
"INDIANA JONES was one of the Worst Experiences I've had as a comicbook professional."

Seems like some seriously skewed perspective. He had some annoying editorial restrictions and the Lucas people were difficult and it was one of the worst experiences? I dare say for most jobs, that level of stress would be a good day.

Given that he also claims to have been double-crossed a bunch of times by a both Marvel and DC ...making him the most persecuted guy in this business... I have to question his account here.

If true, I can sympathize with him. Licensed books can be a real pain in the ass. I remember DC's production staff breathing sighs of collective relief back in the nineties when Paramount took away their Star Trek license.

#577197 - 09/08/10 09:43 PM Re: Q for JB [Re: Troy Lightbourne]
MightyQuin Online   content

Loc: Tallahassee,FL
Well,I don't want to argue about it or anything,but Byrne's insulting comments about other comics creators abilities are really pretty deplorable and,ultimately,just self-aggrandizement.

#577199 - 09/09/10 02:33 AM Re: Q for JB [Re: MightyQuin]
Paul W. Sondersted, Jr. Offline

Loc: Sparks, Nevada, United States
Which insulting comments? There are SO many to choose from, right? crazy

#577200 - 09/09/10 08:54 AM Re: Q for JB [Re: Paul W. Sondersted, Jr.]
Troy Lightbourne Offline

Originally Posted By: Paul W. Sondersted, Jr.
Which insulting comments? There are SO many to choose from, right?

Just from his comments about Alan Moore alone!

Then there's Eric Larsen (Remember the incident where Byrne was talking out of his ass so much he was forced to put out one of his famous half- apologies?) Todd MacFarlane, Peter David, Roy Thomas (Another famous half apology!), Joe Quesada and just last week, he took a shot at Art Adams!

The man loves his soapbox but it sure doesn't earn him many friends!

#577204 - 09/09/10 11:30 AM Re: Q for JB [Re: Paul W. Sondersted, Jr.]
MightyQuin Online   content

Loc: Tallahassee,FL
Which insulting comments? There are SO many to choose from, right? crazy

All of them,but I do have to say you're good natured about all of this,Paul.

#577207 - 09/09/10 01:25 PM Re: Q for JB [Re: MightyQuin]

Of course! One needs to have a sense of humor hereabouts. Some take stuff far too seriously. If a few detractors learned to lighten up a bit, these threads wouldn't grow as much as they do. I guess some need a hobby, though (since comic book reading is not much of an option anymore). whistle

#577208 - 09/09/10 02:04 PM Re: Q for JB [Re: Paul W. Sondersted, Jr.]
Joe Lee Offline

Of course! One needs to have a sense of humor hereabouts. Some take stuff far too seriously. If a few detractors learned to lighten up a bit, these threads wouldn't grow as much as they do. I guess some need a hobby, though (since comic book reading is not much of an option anymore). whistle

It's not just these threads. Heck it's not just here, or even just comic book message boards. It's all over the net. I was looking up advice on dark stained hardwood floors a few weeks back, and there were message board trolls there too. Instead of ignoring a conversation on how to achieve really rich dark colors, where to order Japanese wood stains etc., some guy chimed in with his disgust over dark stains, finished his tirade with something like, "...wtf, why don't you just paint your floor black, asshole..."

#577212 - 09/09/10 02:37 PM Re: Q for JB [Re: Joe Lee]
Alexander Ness Online   shocked

Loc: Minnesota
Originally Posted By: Joe Lee
"...wtf, why don't you just paint your floor black, asshole..."

I am still waiting for my answer there Lee.

#577224 - 09/09/10 06:00 PM Re: Q for JB [Re: Alexander Ness]

I REALLY don't see what the big deal is! Champagne Gold is just too darling a color to pass up!

#577225 - 09/09/10 06:05 PM Re: Q for JB [Re: Paul W. Sondersted, Jr.]
Alexander Ness Online   shocked

Loc: Minnesota
I REALLY don't see what the big deal is! Champagne Gold is just too darling a color to pass up!

FUCKER! Stop being an asshole about your flooring.

Page 192 of 398 < 1 2 ... 190 191 192 193 194 ... 397 398 >

Moderator:  Rick Veitch, Steve Conley