Topic Options
#587825 - 07/10/11 09:41 PM Ordering from MileHighComics; your experiences?
Paul O'Keefe Offline

Loc: Newfoundland, Canada
I've just placed a couple small orders with milehighcomics.com, I was wondering what sort of experiences had folks had with the process of ordering comics online?

I'm Canadian and I hope I'm not going to be hit with ridiculous customs or inspections fees.

~Paul O'Keefe

#587826 - 07/10/11 09:45 PM Re: Ordering from MileHighComics; your experiences? [Re: Paul O'Keefe]
Alexander Ness Online   shocked

Loc: Minnesota
I used to order once a year for their big sales, but quit due to their staff giving me shit when I tried to order.

Which isn't to say that is everyone's experience. I also think they have a nice system and seem to try to do ok, whether that is the result or not.

#587828 - 07/10/11 10:12 PM Re: Ordering from MileHighComics; your experiences? [Re: Alexander Ness]
Joe Lee Offline

At one time I was a pretty regular online back-issue buyer, about ten years ago. Never had a problem with mile high comics.

#588317 - 07/22/11 01:28 PM Re: Ordering from MileHighComics; your experiences? [Re: Joe Lee]
Paul O'Keefe Offline

11 days later and no sign of shipping of my two orders from Mile High Comics. Anyone know how long it usually takes with them?

#588329 - 07/22/11 05:09 PM Re: Ordering from MileHighComics; your experiences? [Re: Paul O'Keefe]

it took them forever to get me my stuff, but that was long ago.

#588330 - 07/22/11 05:20 PM Re: Ordering from MileHighComics; your experiences? [Re: Paul O'Keefe]
Allen Montgomery Online   content

What did you order? I'm presuming it was back stock? Because if it's new release stuff, it takes three months from the time you place the order to the time you receive it.

#589222 - 08/08/11 12:40 PM Re: Ordering from MileHighComics; your experiences? [Re: Allen Montgomery]
Paul O'Keefe Offline

Well I got my orders on August 1st and 2nd. That's roughly three weeks from when I ordered. I guess that's a decent turn around. Not as fast as ordering new books online from amazon.ca or chapters.ca, but decent enough.

Only one comic had a some damage (a bent corner) but that's probably why it cost so little. (It was rated "G". I never understood the comics rating system very well, but apparently "G" mean it was once caught in a closing car door.)

What I did order was roughly 60 back issues over two orders that contained:
Guyver comics from Viz
Maxx comics from Image
Savage Dragon comics from Image
Race of Scorpions comics from Dark Horse

Also, I must note that there were no additional customs charges, Canadian taxes, or brokerage fees. The package came shipped Xpress Post (Canada Post) from Mississauga, Ontario in Canada. They must have a partner there that they use for Canadian orders.

#589226 - 08/08/11 03:12 PM Re: Ordering from MileHighComics; your experiences? [Re: Paul O'Keefe]

Race of Scorpions is some kinda awesome!

#589324 - 08/10/11 01:32 PM Re: Ordering from MileHighComics; your experiences? [Re: Alexander Ness]
Paul O'Keefe Offline

I want more comics like Race of Scorpions. Adventure. Intrigue. Dystopian future. Pirates. Politics. Craftsmanship.

Edited by Paul O'Keefe (08/10/11 02:12 PM)

Moderator:  Rick Veitch, Steve Conley