Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
Topic Options
#592171 - 10/18/11 02:31 AM Starting to grow on Herman Cain
Time Warp 1993 Offline

I think he makes everyone hungry for Pizza namley God Father.

#592185 - 10/18/11 03:55 AM Re: Starting to grow on Herman Cain [Re: Time Warp 1993]
Time Warp 1993 Offline

http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2011/10/12/eveningnews/main20119553.shtml

9 9 9

I had to google his plan which considering everything people won't like it but it might help out in the long run. I mean doesn't like Kalifornia charge 8.5 percent on sales tax already.

Only if the money is put to good use though will it matter.
Being bringing jobs back ect..

#592186 - 10/18/11 04:33 AM Re: Starting to grow on Herman Cain [Re: Time Warp 1993]
Allen Montgomery Online   content

Cain won't last another two weeks. The bubble might shift over to Rick Santorum next, but I think you're going to have to come to terms with the R candidate being Romney.

#592188 - 10/18/11 10:41 AM Re: Starting to grow on Herman Cain [Re: Allen Montgomery]
Ceci n'est pas une chaussette Offline

If there's one thing America needs, it's a fresh bubble of Santorum.

#592190 - 10/18/11 11:14 AM Re: Starting to grow on Herman Cain [Re: Ceci n'est pas une chaussette]
Lawson Offline

Loc: Lexington, Ky.
It's fun to watch these knuckle-heads assume their 15 minutes of fame means they'll actually be president of the United States shortly. This time four years ago, Mike Huckabee was deciding how he wanted to decorate the Oval Office.

#592192 - 10/18/11 11:44 AM Re: Starting to grow on Herman Cain [Re: Lawson]
Ceci n'est pas une chaussette Offline

Remember when Fred Thompson was going to save the Republican party? That was awesome.

#592193 - 10/18/11 12:03 PM Re: Starting to grow on Herman Cain [Re: Ceci n'est pas une chaussette]
Joe Lee Offline

SNL had a great bit about Cain's other plans...

Quote:
How we fight terrorism ? my 5-5-5 plan. For every terrorist, America will send five planes, five soldiers, and five of those dogs that caught Osama bin Laden.

How do we fix healthcare ? my 3-3-3 plan. Every time you get sick you get three pills, three days off, and three chicken-noodle soups.

#592194 - 10/18/11 12:45 PM Re: Starting to grow on Herman Cain [Re: Ceci n'est pas une chaussette]
Lawson Offline

Originally Posted By: Ceci n'est pas une chaussette
Remember when Fred Thompson was going to save the Republican party? That was awesome.

I know someone who worked for Fred Thompson in the U.S. Senate.

Back in 2007, when Thompson allegedly was a lock to be our next president (when it wasn't Huckabee, Giuliani, etc.), this guy shook his head and said no way. Thompson doesn't like to work hard, he said. He never came into his Senate office much before noon, and he wanted to be out of there by 5 p.m., he said. He saw the Senate as something that got in the way of his golfing, cigar smoking, bourbon drinking and skirt chasing.

Not long after I heard this, on the presidential campaign trail, the Thompson aides started to kvetch that their man wouldn't do more than one stop a day.

#592201 - 10/18/11 03:46 PM Re: Starting to grow on Herman Cain [Re: Joe Lee]
Allen Montgomery Online   content

Originally Posted By: Joe Lee
SNL had a great bit about Cain's other plans...

Jason Sudeikis did a great Mitt Romney. "Voters are just taking one last lap around the bar to see if there's anyone else they'd rather go home with than Mitt Romney. And that's okay with me."

Personally, I can't believe Perry is completely tanked just from his poor debate performances. I keep hearing that voters don't like him because he instantly reminds them too much of BushJr. Well, around my neck of the woods, I think most folks would absolutely vote for BushJr if he could run again (most folks in my neck of the woods are stupid, you see). Unless he drops out and throws his backing to Romeny, I would imagine Perry will get some reasonable numbers in the primaries.

#592203 - 10/18/11 04:03 PM Re: Starting to grow on Herman Cain [Re: Allen Montgomery]
Lawson Offline

Originally Posted By: Allen Montgomery
I can't believe Perry is completely tanked just from his poor debate performances.

Among relatively intelligent Republicans, his coming off like a moron in the debates hurt him.

Among other Republicans, his somewhat enlightened stand on immigration in Texas hurt him. I heard a right-wing talk-radio guy wash his hands of Perry because Mexican kids attend college in Texas.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >