Page 15 of 15 < 1 2 ... 13 14 15
Topic Options
#593467 - 11/24/11 01:14 AM Re: Bluewater Contracts [Re: techmann]
Allen Montgomery Offline

Originally Posted By: Pat Broderick, Tuesday, Octo 20, 2009:
Im in the middle of the Shatner project we should be seeing some movement on my own properties around the Summer of next year.

The first issue of Man O War just solicited this month. Still waiting on the rest.

I almost ordered Bluewater's bio of Jack Kirby (for which I'm sure the Kirby estate gave approval and received a large payment), until I had the sneaking suspicion the material is likely lifted from Comic Book Comics (which puts the story of young Jacob Kurtzberg in context with the history of the beginnings of the American comic book industry) and Pure Imagination's Jack Magic (produced by Greg Theakston, one of Kirby's associates).

Oh, and I'm still waiting for Bela Lugosi #'s 2 and 3, Kerry.

#593921 - 12/09/11 09:58 AM Re: Bluewater Contracts [Re: Allen Montgomery]
Allen Montgomery Offline

Penciler wanted ad. No pay, but you get to keep your artwork!

#593953 - 12/10/11 09:36 AM Re: Bluewater Contracts [Re: Allen Montgomery]
ChrisW Offline

Loc: Lincoln, Nebraska USA
What if your sneaking suspicion is wrong and *actually* the material is likely lifted from Joe Simon's "The Comic Book Makers" and Gerard Jones' "Men of Tomorrow"? You could be missing out.

"I think ChrisW is the funniest man in entertainment still alive..."
-- the perceptive Tom Spurgeon

#593969 - 12/10/11 05:33 PM Re: Bluewater Contracts [Re: ChrisW]
Allen Montgomery Offline

Either way, it's likely just a retread of material that can be found elsewhere, more competently executed.

#593986 - 12/11/11 03:56 AM Re: Bluewater Contracts [Re: Allen Montgomery]
ChrisW Offline

It still depends on your sneaking suspicion being correct. There's a million valid reasons not to buy someone's book, why not go with one of those instead? Or at least pretend to be doing that.

#593991 - 12/11/11 11:18 AM Re: Bluewater Contracts [Re: ChrisW]
Allen Montgomery Offline

Whatsamatter, Weemie? Upset that you can't defend Kerry Gammill's soliciting for *TWO ISSUES* of Bela Lugosi that he hasn't delivered? I pre-ordered them, did you? And it's *BLUEWATER*, asshole. Look at the cover and compare the caricature of Jack Kirby with the one from Comic Book Comics. At least.

#594005 - 12/11/11 05:09 PM Re: Bluewater Contracts [Re: Allen Montgomery]
ChrisW Offline

It must be very important to you.

#601820 - 01/25/13 07:09 PM Re: Bluewater Contracts [Re: ChrisW]
Allen Montgomery Offline

The third issues of Kerry Gammill's Lugosi comic still hasn't come out, but this appeared:

http://www.themusiczoo.com/product/15492...lectric-Guitar/

I would be interested to know how this came about. Pretty neat.

Page 15 of 15 < 1 2 ... 13 14 15

Moderator:  Rick Veitch, Steve Conley