Page 11 of 12 < 1 2 ... 9 10 11 12 >
Topic Options
#595935 - 02/15/12 06:22 AM Re: DC Announces Watchmen Prequel(s) [Re: Gerald]
Allen Montgomery Online   content

Write to Chris Staros at Top Shelf.

#595967 - 02/16/12 09:15 AM Re: DC Announces Watchmen Prequel(s) [Re: Gerald]
MightyQuin Online   content

Loc: Tallahassee,FL
I'd read those in a minute, but ironically it would also revitalize sales of the original Watchmen. I don't think Moore is done with comics though and since it's a safe bet any new venture won't be through Marvel or DC offices, some smaller publisher is going to be very lucky.

#595970 - 02/16/12 10:27 AM Re: DC Announces Watchmen Prequel(s) [Re: Mr. Socko]
Joe Lee Offline

Originally Posted By: Mr. Socko
...Hurm. Some days you just can't get rid of a bomb.

That was hilarious!Just imagine a Watchmen prequel tv series, done in the style of the old Adam West Batman show.

Patrick Warburton as Dr. Manhattan
Sarah Silverman as Silk Spectre
House is getting canceled soon, so maybe Hugh Laurie as Rorschach or better yet, John Cryer (two and a half men can't last much longer, and then you could have Charlie Sheen as the Comedian!)

Some fat comedian as Nite Owl,

You could get old sitcom actors to play the Minutemen...

Edited by Joe Lee (02/16/12 10:31 AM)

#595972 - 02/16/12 01:38 PM Re: DC Announces Watchmen Prequel(s) [Re: Joe Lee]
Mr. Socko Offline

Heh. I like that that take on a Watchmen prequel better than anything DC has come up with...

#596064 - 02/20/12 12:53 AM Re: DC Announces Watchmen Prequel(s) [Re: Mr. Socko]
ChrisW Offline

Loc: Lincoln, Nebraska USA
I recently got it in my head to refigure the story in as by-the-books a manner as possible, the opposite of compression. I was too lazy to even change the names, but by the time I got bored, I was almost done with the third issue and the seventh page.

It was interesting in a lot of ways. For one thing, it must have been similar to doing a Mad movie satire, especially when they're turning an R-rated sex-gore flick into something that almost inoffensive, especially these days. My version had two swear words and dialogue that wouldn't pass Code approval.

"Heard joke once. Man goes to doctor, said 'Doc, it hurts when I do this.' Doc says 'don't do that'." Good joke. Snare drum."

"I think ChrisW is the funniest man in entertainment still alive..."
-- the perceptive Tom Spurgeon

#596424 - 03/14/12 12:23 AM Re: DC Announces Watchmen Prequel(s) [Re: ChrisW]
Peter Urkowitz Offline

Loc: Salem, MA, USA
A new extended interview with Alan Moore, where he comments at far greater length on the prequels, his falling out with Dave Gibbons, his justification for using literary characters in LOEG, and so on:

http://www.seraphemera.org/seraphemera_books/Alan_Moore_Interview.html

Quote:

You may quote from the interview as long as you give the following credit exactly, in its entirety:

“From an interview of Alan Moore by Kurt Amacker, published by Seraphemera Books http://www.seraphemera.org”

#596425 - 03/14/12 12:41 AM Re: DC Announces Watchmen Prequel(s) [Re: Peter Urkowitz]
Carlton Donaghe Offline

Loc: the American Desert
I think a lot of people who think, like, 'geez, will this old guy just give it up and get over it already,' aren't capable of putting themselves in his shoes and seeing that he's been really hurt by this.

I think it's like the people who take the position that Kirby's family deserve nothing: They would have been the people complaining, when Kirby was alive, 'geez, old guy, give it up, already.'

An interesting bit of trivia: In the heyday of pulps and science-fiction magazines (even anthology shows like Twilight Zone), a common theme was making a deal with the devil in which the terms of the contract are deviously hard to divine. Rod Serling once explained that the device was so common because so many writers had the experience of dealing with dishonest and devious publishers.

#596436 - 03/14/12 11:18 AM Re: DC Announces Watchmen Prequel(s) [Re: Carlton Donaghe]
Joe Lee Offline

I wish they had a "like" function here sometimes. I wanted to like the heck out of your post. Very nicely said.

#596494 - 03/18/12 12:51 AM Re: DC Announces Watchmen Prequel(s) [Re: Joe Lee]
steel: A Long Departed Hero Offline

Loc: The MBA (Mysterious Blue Area)...
I kind of feel sorry for nobody. Fire these idiots.

Edited by steel: A Long Departed Hero (03/18/12 01:28 PM)

#596502 - 03/18/12 03:44 PM Re: DC Announces Watchmen Prequel(s) [Re: Carlton Donaghe]
MBunge Offline

Loc: Waterloo, Iowa, United States
Originally Posted By: Carlton Donaghe
I think a lot of people who think, like, 'geez, will this old guy just give it up and get over it already,' aren't capable of putting themselves in his shoes and seeing that he's been really hurt by this.

Oh, good grief. If he's hurt by anything it's that nothing he's done since WATCHMEN has had half the critical or commerical success.

Mike

Page 11 of 12 < 1 2 ... 9 10 11 12 >

Moderator:  Rick Veitch, Steve Conley