Page 12 of 12 < 1 2 ... 10 11 12
Topic Options
#596508 - 03/18/12 11:57 PM Re: DC Announces Watchmen Prequel(s) [Re: MBunge]
Joe Lee Offline

Originally Posted By: Carlton Donaghe
I think a lot of people who think, like, 'geez, will this old guy just give it up and get over it already,' aren't capable of putting themselves in his shoes and seeing that he's been really hurt by this.

Originally Posted By: MBunge
Oh, good grief. If he's hurt by anything it's that nothing he's done since WATCHMEN has had half the critical or commerical success.

It looks like Carlton pretty much called it here or can you back that statement up with anything, besides snark?

Seriously. From what I've read, I don't think Mr. Moore gives a rats ass about critics and it's just a guess, but I don't think he's hurting for money either. He seems to have easily turned down quite a bit of easy money from DC and Time Warner for a lot of projects and adaptations.

#596510 - 03/19/12 01:21 AM Re: DC Announces Watchmen Prequel(s) [Re: Joe Lee]
steel: A Long Departed Hero Offline

Loc: The MBA (Mysterious Blue Area)...
So many people have been brainwashed by these giant corporations that money and fame are the only things that matter. They just can't comprehend a man of substance like Moore.

#596560 - 03/20/12 11:50 AM Re: DC Announces Watchmen Prequel(s) [Re: steel: A Long Departed Hero]
Joe Lee Offline

Did someone hack steels account?

#596579 - 03/20/12 02:31 PM Re: DC Announces Watchmen Prequel(s) [Re: Joe Lee]
steel: A Long Departed Hero Offline

Loc: The MBA (Mysterious Blue Area)...
EXCUSE ME?!?

#596964 - 04/25/12 11:45 PM Re: DC Announces Watchmen Prequel(s) [Re: Peter Urkowitz]
Peter Urkowitz Offline

Loc: Salem, MA, USA
[EDIT: oops, I meant to re-post this in another thread. But I'll let it stay here anyway, just because it's a question that comes up a lot.]

Originally Posted By: Peter Urkowitz
Regarding Adam Hughes and his long-delayed ALL-STAR WONDER WOMAN series, The Beat recently linked to one of their old articles about it, from August 2006:

Adam Hughes on Scheduling

which quoted him as saying,

Quote:
My commitment to ALL-STAR WONDER WOMAN is for 6 issues. My schedule is to hand in 10 pages, pencilled and inked, a month. The issues will be released monthly, on-time, because we’re starting far enough in advance. You will get your ALL-STAR WONDER WOMAN every four weeks.

If he had followed that schedule, he would have finished well over 600 pages by now, so presumably other things have gotten in the way. Man, I had forgotten just how long it has been! And I am really not trying to knock Adam Hughes here, although I know it sounds like it. I was willing to wait for many years for this series if it took that long. Or if he had decided to drop the project, I would be okay with that too, although if he ever made that announcement I missed it.

Hmm, maybe I'd better Google it before I make that statement? Let's see here . . . well, how about that! From just last week:

CBR Interview with Adam Hughes about the fate of ASWW

Quote:
I think we'd all like me to get to it eventually. DC has said as much. I would very much like to get it out someday. It'll be my 'lost project' for a while, and then someday it'll come out.

So it was medical issues with his wife, and needing the faster income of doing covers, that got in the way, basically. Which I have no problem with at all. Bless him and his family, and never mind the WW book, we can all live without it.

But how doing this new Watchmen book fits into this, that is still kind of a puzzle.

Also, in one of those links, Hughes notes that it would be kinda awkward right now to have his WW book competing with the New52 version, which is reasonable enough I guess. But also, he just hasn't sat down and finished it.

Allen makes a good point that it seems almost impossible that Hughes could really draw all of this new Dr. Manhattan series under deadline. Unless he already started on it a year ago? We'll see.

Edited by Peter Urkowitz (04/25/12 11:53 PM)
Edit Reason: oops, wrong thread

Page 12 of 12 < 1 2 ... 10 11 12

Moderator:  Rick Veitch, Steve Conley