Page 6 of 12 < 1 2 ... 4 5 6 7 8 ... 11 12 >
Topic Options
#595670 - 02/03/12 02:57 PM Re: DC Announces Watchmen Prequel(s) [Re: Charles Reece]
Lawson Offline

Loc: Lexington, Ky.
“In the greater scheme of things,” he said, “there’s an ecological law, almost, that it ought to be.”

Mmm. Sure. See also: DARK KNIGHT 2. And that one was by the original creator!

#595671 - 02/03/12 03:02 PM Re: DC Announces Watchmen Prequel(s) [Re: Lawson]
Charles Reece Offline

Loc: us of fuckin' a
It helps to remember Lethem's "The Ecstasy of Influence: A Plagiarism".

#595672 - 02/03/12 03:05 PM Re: DC Announces Watchmen Prequel(s) [Re: Charles Reece]
Gerald Offline

DK2 was awful, but Elektra: Assassin, and Elektra Lives Again were amazing books.

#595673 - 02/03/12 03:06 PM Re: DC Announces Watchmen Prequel(s) [Re: Charles Reece]
Lawson Offline

Says Lethem: "Artists and their surrogates who fall into the trap of seeking recompense for every possible second use end up attacking their own best audience members for the crime of exalting and enshrining their work."

Except Alan Moore isn't seeking financial compensation. He just wants the friggin' story left alone already, and he's disgusted that DC keeps recycling his old shit because Geoff Johns & Co. are incapable of creating their own stories.

#595674 - 02/03/12 03:09 PM Re: DC Announces Watchmen Prequel(s) [Re: Lawson]
Ceci n'est pas une chaussette Offline

God, I am so excited for the scene where Rorschach sees something bad happen, and Nite Owl says, "hey, buddy, are you okay? Is the darkness of humanity starting to take an emotional toll on you?" and Rorschach goes, "No... no." Then, quietly, so his friend can't hear, he goes, "not yet."

IT'S GOING TO BE SO GOOD.

#595675 - 02/03/12 03:14 PM Re: DC Announces Watchmen Prequel(s) [Re: Ceci n'est pas une chaussette]
Gerald Offline

I wonder if it will surpass the ABC line?

#595676 - 02/03/12 03:16 PM Re: DC Announces Watchmen Prequel(s) [Re: Ceci n'est pas une chaussette]
Allen Montgomery Online   content

Yeah, I'm sure we'll finally actually get to see the enactment of the joke about Rorschach throwing the guy down an elevator shaft. Which will make the joke SO much funnier. Not.

#595677 - 02/03/12 03:16 PM Re: DC Announces Watchmen Prequel(s) [Re: Ceci n'est pas une chaussette]
Lawson Offline

Originally Posted By: Ceci n'est pas une chaussette
God, I am so excited for the scene where Rorschach sees something bad happen, and Nite Owl says, "hey, buddy, are you okay? Is the darkness of humanity starting to take an emotional toll on you?" and Rorschach goes, "No... no." Then, quietly, so his friend can't hear, he goes, "not yet."

IT'S GOING TO BE SO GOOD.

Please please please let the final panels be Rorschach reaffirming his basic faith in humanity, and then he hears a call on his police scanner about a girl being kidnapped, so he disappears into the night to investigate.

#595678 - 02/03/12 03:19 PM Re: DC Announces Watchmen Prequel(s) [Re: Gerald]

Originally Posted By: Gerald
I wonder if it will surpass the ABC line?

How could it not? There's going to be a scene where something emotional happens to Laurie, and Jon doesn't respond as caringly as he should, and Laurie's all, "Jon! Sometimes I wonder that you're becoming removed from humanity!"

SO AWESOME.

#595679 - 02/03/12 03:24 PM Re: DC Announces Watchmen Prequel(s) [Re: Lawson]

Originally Posted By: Lawson
Please please please let the final panels be Rorschach reaffirming his basic faith in humanity, and then he hears a call on his police scanner about a girl being kidnapped, so he disappears into the night to investigate.

YES.

Page 6 of 12 < 1 2 ... 4 5 6 7 8 ... 11 12 >

Moderator:  Rick Veitch, Steve Conley