Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
Topic Options
#595789 - 02/09/12 01:19 PM Will he win a second Nobel Prize this term?
ChrisW Offline

Loc: Lincoln, Nebraska USA

"I think ChrisW is the funniest man in entertainment still alive..."
-- the perceptive Tom Spurgeon

#595790 - 02/09/12 01:43 PM Re: Will he win a second Nobel Prize this term? [Re: ChrisW]
Allen Montgomery Offline

That's right, coy comments full of empty rhetoric. Just like Glenn Beck taught you.

#595791 - 02/09/12 02:16 PM Re: Will he win a second Nobel Prize this term? [Re: ChrisW]
MBunge Offline

Loc: Waterloo, Iowa, United States
While ChrisW has mostly become an amusement, it's hard not to get a little concerned about what folks like him and worse will become if Obama wins a second term.

Mike

#595792 - 02/09/12 05:44 PM Re: Will he win a second Nobel Prize this term? [Re: MBunge]
Gerald Offline

If George W. Bush had gotten involved in Libya in the same way, with the same results would you criticize him for it?

Supposedly the reason for going into Iraq, after WMD's were not found, was to liberate the Iraqi people from an evil dictator.

Isn't that pretty much the same resons as to why we got involved in Libya?

#595793 - 02/09/12 06:31 PM Re: Will he win a second Nobel Prize this term? [Re: ChrisW]
ChrisW Offline

Just think, in less time than it takes to have a baby, Obama might be a lame duck. Those pesky Founding Fathers didn't see a real and vital need to assassinate American citizens without a trial. Remember when he threatened the Jonas Brothers with that fate if they looked at his daughters? We all laughed and reminded ourselves that he wasn't a tyrant like Bush. Oh well, it's mostly dark-skinned people dying and it's GWB's fault anyway.

You know, if a President can flat-out ignore Article One, Section Five, Paragraph Four of the Constitution, they wouldn't even need to bother with "amendments" like term limits, would they? The Senate sees no reason to obey the Congressional Budget Act of 1974. Liberals are aok with all of this and keeping Gitmo open too.

War is Peace.

#595794 - 02/09/12 08:03 PM Re: Will he win a second Nobel Prize this term? [Re: ChrisW]
ChrisW Offline

Quote:
That's right, coy comments full of empty rhetoric. Just like Glenn Beck taught you.

See, there's a lie worth recording. So we got the Erik Larsen slander, the BDU thing, your insistence that I have a clue what Glenn Beck says about anything, and whatever lie I caught you on that wasn't worth remembering. We'll see if this Beck lie proves as memorable. I have my doubts though.

Quote:
While ChrisW has mostly become an amusement

"Coming up after this, the funniest person in entertainment still living lost that title today in Syria/Central Africa/Somalia..."

Quote:
it's hard not to get a little concerned about what folks like him and worse will become if Obama wins a second term.

You think we might start acting like the Occupy movement, smashing stuff and claiming to be part of the 99%?

Quote:
If George W. Bush had gotten involved in Libya in the same way, with the same results would you criticize him for it?

Yes, I would think he should have actually taken Qaddaffi out anyway instead of dithering for so many months. Oddly enough, that's my complaint about how Obama has handled Libya, what's this "leading from behind" garbage?

Reagan actually bombed Libya and only Democratic Congress, the War Powers Act, the UN and Cold War international realities prevented him from going further on its dictator. If he had, I would have applauded it (in hindsight as I was small when it actually happened).

So do you think Iran will come in on Syria's side, or will they have their hands full with Israel? And what side will Turkey take? You remember what they did to the Ukrainians, right?

#595797 - 02/10/12 01:24 AM Re: Will he win a second Nobel Prize this term? [Re: Gerald]
Allen Montgomery Offline

Originally Posted By: Gerald
If George W. Bush had gotten involved in Libya in the same way

Your premise is flawed. If BushJr had gotten involved in Libya, it wouldn't have been in a support role for NATO. Then he wouldn't have gotten involved in any ouster of Qadaffi anyway, as BushJr was involved in business deals with Qadaffi.

#595799 - 02/10/12 01:26 AM Re: Will he win a second Nobel Prize this term? [Re: ChrisW]
Allen Montgomery Offline

Originally Posted By: ChrisW
whatever lie I caught you on

Yeah, we're still waiting for you to come up with even one of those.

#595818 - 02/10/12 03:11 PM Re: Will he win a second Nobel Prize this term? [Re: Allen Montgomery]
ChrisW Offline

1: You say I pay attention to what Glen Beck says. That's a lie because I don't.

2: You say I wear BDU trousers. That's a lie because I don't.

3: You say Erik Larsen had Frank Miller pages ("as recently as DKSA") on his drawing board at the very moment you were accusing him of copying Miller. That's a lie because you go out of your way to avoid providing any evidence to back up your accusation.

4: You said whatever lie I caught you on a month ago that wasn't worth remembering.

Considering that all signs point to war and he's still got at least one solid chance to win another Peace Prize this term, I'm astounded that no one wants to step forward and bravely announce support for Fearless Leader. Too long has Assad brutalized his citizens, right?

#595819 - 02/10/12 03:21 PM Re: Will he win a second Nobel Prize this term? [Re: ChrisW]
Allen Montgomery Offline

1: I say you emulate Beck's style. That's a fact.

2: BDU, ACU. Po-tay-to, po-tah-to.

3: Larsen lifts elements of Miller's style. The evidence is in the work.

4: You lie.

Originally Posted By: ChrisW
all signs point to war

Besides being another lie on your part, there's one very important distinction to be made here: if we do go to war against Syria (or Iran, or North Korea, or Yemen, or whoever), it will not be a unilateral effort by the United States.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >