Page 20 of 22 < 1 2 ... 18 19 20 21 22 >
Topic Options
#590369 - 09/04/11 07:18 AM Re: InvestComics’ Deadly Tales: One and Done Anthology [Re: THE Anti-Hunter]
Allen Montgomery Offline

I didn't want to say anything, but I do have some nitpicks:

— The use of the serif "I" as anything other than a first person pronoun; or some special case capitalization. That font obviously has a non-serif version because of the words "pencils" and "special;" and the mixed (how'd that happen?) use of the serif and the non-serif in "living."

— The repetition of grunge characters in the title.

— The kerning on the words "the" and "Styx" in the title looks pretty bad.

#590377 - 09/04/11 12:39 PM Re: InvestComics’ Deadly Tales: One and Done Anthology [Re: Allen Montgomery]
Joe Lee Offline

Originally Posted By: Allen Montgomery
I didn't want to say anything,
Yeah right.

but I do have some nitpicks:
That sounds more like you.

— The use of the serif "I" as anything other than a first person pronoun; or some special case capitalization. That font obviously has a non-serif version because of the words "pencils" and "special;" and the mixed (how'd that happen?) use of the serif and the non-serif in "living."
Good catch. I didn't notice that. The original text was typed as regular upper/lower, when I copied and pasted it into the text box, full of the all upper case font, wherever there was a uppercase "i" we got the serif i, where we had lower case it gave us sanserif. I'll fix that. Good catch!

— The repetition of grunge characters in the title.
Yeah, and I hate it when people use zapf chancery in all caps. I'll alter one of the Ns in burning, and get rid of the serif on the i in disco and burning, italicize the i in burning that should do it.

— The kerning on the words "the" and "Styx" in the title looks pretty bad.
It's not the kerning, but yeah, I wasn't completely happy with the way the "T" interacts in "Styx" or in "the". The vertical line so far to one side. Creating an odd space. The Y was a little weird too. But it didn't bother me that much, and I gotta say, as much as i reflexively wanted to fix it, I kinda liked it looking a bit off too. It seemed to work for the piece. Not what I would have done normally, but a quirky accident. Oddly appropriate, and most importantly readable. What does everybody else think?

#590389 - 09/04/11 02:09 PM Re: InvestComics’ Deadly Tales: One and Done Anthology [Re: Joe Lee]
Allen Montgomery Offline

If you guys like it, that's fine. But that was my two-cents.

#590396 - 09/04/11 10:30 PM Re: InvestComics’ Deadly Tales: One and Done Anthology [Re: Allen Montgomery]
Peter Urkowitz Offline

Loc: Salem, MA, USA
Great job on the collaboration, gentlemen!

#590397 - 09/04/11 11:15 PM Re: InvestComics’ Deadly Tales: One and Done Anthology [Re: Peter Urkowitz]
Allen Montgomery Offline

You, too, Hunter!

#590399 - 09/05/11 12:13 AM Re: InvestComics’ Deadly Tales: One and Done Anthology [Re: Allen Montgomery]
THE Anti-Hunter Offline

Loc: oceanside,Ca
Umm...thanks?

My forum: http://p207.ezboard.com/fthebullpen28879frm43

and the art blog: http://j-m-hunter.livejournal.com/

#590404 - 09/05/11 01:50 PM Re: InvestComics’ Deadly Tales: One and Done Anthology [Re: THE Anti-Hunter]
Alexander Ness Offline

Loc: Minnesota
Is good.

#590410 - 09/06/11 12:07 AM Re: InvestComics’ Deadly Tales: One and Done Anthology [Re: Allen Montgomery]
Joe Lee Offline

If you guys like it, that's fine. But that was my two-cents.

Sorry that my work disappoints you once again.

Funny thing was, I was originally just meaning to ask everyone if their names were all spelled ok in the credits, if the thank you was alright, that sort of thing.

#590412 - 09/06/11 12:19 AM Re: InvestComics’ Deadly Tales: One and Done Anthology [Re: Joe Lee]
Alexander Ness Offline

Loc: Minnesota
Its not judgment from a peer but I showed the page to about 5 people as I think well of the work and they were all very complimentary about the whole thing.

#590413 - 09/06/11 01:19 AM Re: InvestComics’ Deadly Tales: One and Done Anthology [Re: Joe Lee]
Allen Montgomery Offline

Originally Posted By: Joe Lee
Sorry that my work disappoints you once again.

What, you expect me to list out the parts I *LIKED* or something? How out-of-character would that be?

Originally Posted By: Joe Lee
Funny thing was, I was originally just meaning to ask everyone if their names were all spelled ok in the credits, if the thank you was alright, that sort of thing.

"Alright" is never All Right.

Page 20 of 22 < 1 2 ... 18 19 20 21 22 >

Moderator:  Rick Veitch, Steve Conley