Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 >
Topic Options
#596760 - 04/09/12 05:56 PM Ze Americanz SuperStar Art/Comics Threadz!
Real Hunter, Alll the time. Offline

Well looks like the gauntlet has been thrown down.

So art group here's how it works. Show off your various stages of development and sketches, finished works or concepts to show Ze foreign art lovers how we roll!

Maybe then people can see how friggin' busy we are.

#596770 - 04/10/12 01:30 PM Re: Ze Americanz SuperStar Art/Comics Threadz! [Re: Real Hunter, Alll the time.]
MightyQuin Offline

Loc: Tallahassee,FL
Hey, Hunter's back and he's brought art with him! Like the new characters, new to me anyway. It's cool how even in the drawing of bones above, your comics training shows through. It seems like just a careful still life study of those bones, but being a comics artist you knew a cross-diagonal graphic element would amp the visual interest in the whole drawing, so you put it in there, nice work!

#596771 - 04/10/12 01:39 PM Re: Ze Americanz SuperStar Art/Comics Threadz! [Re: Real Hunter, Alll the time.]
MightyQuin Offline

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Here's a new cover for issue #3 of my old web strip Teregrin. I'm relettering everything digitally and going to be uploading them to various digital publishers/distributors. This one is a little wackier and more comic bookey than I usually work, so I like that part of it. But, no, this scene doesn't even occur anywhere in the book.
Wait, I just realized that all Teregrin's adventures take place in Europe. Does this even count as Americanz work, or worse yet, I may be a euro-lovin' traitor?!

Edited by MightyQuin (04/10/12 01:48 PM)

#596772 - 04/10/12 03:44 PM Re: Ze Americanz SuperStar Art/Comics Threadz! [Re: MightyQuin]
Allen Montgomery Online   content

Re-interpretation of an Ed Brubaker Batman page:

I turned them into somewhat realistically rendered anthropomorphic characters. Others turned them into My Little Pony characters, Power Puff Girls, etc.

#596774 - 04/11/12 02:42 AM Re: Ze Americanz SuperStar Art/Comics Threadz! [Re: MightyQuin]
Joe Lee Offline

Originally Posted By: MightyQuin
Does this even count as Americanz work, or worse yet, I may be a euro-lovin' traitor?!
Nah, aren't european artists more expensive than we americanz? I love your work man! The piece is awesome. Very Prince Valiant, and even EC comics and anything else cool I can think of.

#596775 - 04/11/12 02:47 AM Re: Ze Americanz SuperStar Art/Comics Threadz! [Re: Joe Lee]
Joe Lee Offline

I've been working on a piece with Hunter and Ness. Here are the finished pencils, it's a three pager about the battle of Marathon, written by Hunter and based on a poem by Ness.

#596776 - 04/11/12 03:00 AM Re: Ze Americanz SuperStar Art/Comics Threadz! [Re: Joe Lee]
Alexander Ness Offline

Loc: Minnesota
Kicks much asss

#596777 - 04/11/12 03:02 AM Re: Ze Americanz SuperStar Art/Comics Threadz! [Re: Joe Lee]
Allen Montgomery Online   content

That reminds me that I still have to finish Ness' 3-pager that I started quite a while ago:

#596778 - 04/11/12 03:16 AM Re: Ze Americanz SuperStar Art/Comics Threadz! [Re: Allen Montgomery]
Alexander Ness Offline

Loc: Minnesota
hot damn!

#596781 - 04/11/12 02:05 PM Re: Ze Americanz SuperStar Art/Comics Threadz! [Re: Alexander Ness]
MightyQuin Offline

Very solid work all around! Those finished pencils are amazingly three dimensional, Joe, and I really like Allen's choice of black for page margins, it fits the tone and probably should be used more often.

hmm, several short works, a variety of styles, I see an anthology on the horizon. This Ness fellow gets around. I used to wonder how he did it, but the new icon makes it clear, he's made a deal with the debbil!

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 >

Moderator:  Rick Veitch, Steve Conley