Page 1 of 47 1 2 3 ... 46 47 >
Topic Options
#597097 - 05/01/12 12:17 PM John Byrne hates Avengers movie he hasn't seen
Lawson Offline

Loc: Lexington, Ky.
John Byrne says the new Avengers movie -- that he hasn't seen and that doesn't open in the United States until later this week -- is a disrespectful piece of crap. He chides several of his John Byrne Forum followers who saw it in Europe and liked it.

All you have to do is overlook the costumes, the casting and the characterizations. And those aren't important, right?

Well, be sure to run out and "vote with your wallet". Make this "version" a big success, so Hollywood will once again know they're right to do the characters the way THEY think they should be done.

It's not merely that Nick Fury has traditionally been portrayed as a White character, it's the fact that his background precludes him being Black.

Regular Byrne-watchers tell me it's his habit to decide that a movie sucks even if he hasn't seen it -- even if he plans never to see it -- and he will argue the flaws of a movie with people who have, in fact, seen it.

Delightful man!

#597098 - 05/01/12 12:20 PM Re: John Byrne hates Avengers movie he hasn't seen [Re: Lawson]
Ceci n'est pas une chaussette Offline

Gasp.

#597099 - 05/01/12 12:26 PM Re: John Byrne hates Avengers movie he hasn't seen [Re: Lawson]
Joe Lee Offline

I wonder if he'll have anything to say about Scarlett Johansson's hair? Color aside. She has the old fashioned Sue Richards style, while that "latina slut" Jessica Alba had a more Black Widow-ish hair style in the FF films.

#597100 - 05/01/12 12:38 PM Re: John Byrne hates Avengers movie he hasn't seen [Re: Joe Lee]
Lawson Offline

Loc: Lexington, Ky.
John Byrne at the travel agent.

Travel agent: "Would you like to spend a week in Thailand? They've got some incred--"

Byrne: "No, Thailand is a piece of shit. The countryside is ugly, the people are all assholes."

Travel agent: "Oh, I'm sorry, you had a bad experience there?"

Byrne: "Never been there."

#597112 - 05/01/12 08:57 PM Re: John Byrne hates Avengers movie he hasn't seen [Re: Lawson]
Paul W. Sondersted, Jr. Offline

Loc: Sparks, Nevada, United States
JB seems to have a strong dislike about certain aspects of the film based on things he has seen, & based on that he has made his opinion known. JB is debating with members of the JBF about the aspects that he disagrees with & is very obviously against seeing the film based on these aspects. Absolutely nothing wrong with letting others know how you feel & expressing disdain with those who disagree with his opinions.

There is no way possible for JB to proclaim a film to be "crap" without his never having viewed the film & he has NEVER done such a thing in the past...Contrary to possible detractive opinions.

JB sees bits & pieces & makes his decision. Mind you, I don't agree with his opinions regarding certain films. I'm planning on seeing The Avengers regardless of JB's opinions about certain aspects of the film that he dislikes. Perhaps JB is too close to the source, in his mind, and this prevents him from keeping an open mind in certain instances.

Me? I switch it off. Super-hero comic books are super-hero comic books. Super-hero films are super-hero films. Apples & oranges, IMO.

It's been awhile, but once again it's time to react against the exaggerations perpetrated by Lawson. Pathetic...as usual.

#597113 - 05/01/12 09:29 PM Re: John Byrne hates Avengers movie he hasn't seen [Re: Paul W. Sondersted, Jr.]
Budman Offline

Loc: Penfield, Ny USA
He needs to stop self medicating and there is obviously a stick that is shoved so far up his ass that it has grown branches that are affecting certain areas of his brain.*

Try saying that over at the Byrne Bored.

#597114 - 05/01/12 09:53 PM Re: John Byrne hates Avengers movie he hasn't seen [Re: Lawson]
Budman Offline

Loc: Penfield, Ny USA
Originally Posted By: Lawson
John Byrne at the travel agent.

Travel agent: "Would you like to spend a week in Thailand? They've got some incred--"

Byrne: "No, Thailand is a piece of shit. The countryside is ugly, the people are all assholes."

Travel agent: "Oh, I'm sorry, you had a bad experience there?"

Byrne: "Never been there."

Perfect example--right down to where he cut's her/him off!

#597117 - 05/01/12 10:30 PM Re: John Byrne hates Avengers movie he hasn't seen [Re: Budman]
Paul W. Sondersted, Jr. Offline

Loc: Sparks, Nevada, United States
Perfect example of exaggeration. Par for the course & still pathetic.

#597123 - 05/02/12 12:22 AM Re: John Byrne hates Avengers movie he hasn't seen [Re: Paul W. Sondersted, Jr.]
Alexander Ness Online   shocked

Loc: Minnesota
If the original Nick Fury were Head of Shield he'd be about 90 some years old. I don't think too many old guys could hold up well to all the super heroics.

#597125 - 05/02/12 12:35 AM Re: John Byrne hates Avengers movie he hasn't seen [Re: Paul W. Sondersted, Jr.]
Peter Urkowitz Offline

Loc: Salem, MA, USA
Byrne is a jerk and that's no exaggeration.

Page 1 of 47 1 2 3 ... 46 47 >

Moderator:  Rick Veitch, Steve Conley