Page 46 of 47 < 1 2 ... 44 45 46 47 >
Topic Options
#599058 - 06/29/12 11:02 PM Re: John Byrne hates Avengers movie he hasn't seen [Re: ericomaraltice]
Allen Montgomery Offline

Originally Posted By: ericomaraltice
Allen, if the only version of this movie you saw was a shitty cellphone camera bootleg you aren't really qualified to have an opinion as to its quality.

I'm not judging the crispness of the picture, moron.

#599059 - 06/29/12 11:05 PM Re: John Byrne hates Avengers movie he hasn't seen [Re: Joe Lee]
Allen Montgomery Offline

Originally Posted By: Joe Lee
You should hear his views on the Buffy TV show

I don't have any views on the Buffy TV show. I've never seen it.

even though it was on for seven years it was still a failed TV show

Nope. Buffy is Whedon's one successful TV show.

because it wasn't on a "real network."

All I said was Fox TV likely has lower market share numbers to hit in order to justify renewing a series than the big three networks do. Please try to pay attention.

#599061 - 06/30/12 12:02 AM Re: John Byrne hates Avengers movie he hasn't seen [Re: Allen Montgomery]
ChrisW Offline

Loc: Lincoln, Nebraska USA
What does Fox have to do with Buffy?

"I think ChrisW is the funniest man in entertainment still alive..."
-- the perceptive Tom Spurgeon

#599063 - 06/30/12 05:40 AM Re: John Byrne hates Avengers movie he hasn't seen [Re: ChrisW]
Allen Montgomery Offline

That's the network it was on in my local market. I see on the IMDB page it also played on the WB network in some markets. Reinforcing my point that it wasn't on a real network.

#599065 - 06/30/12 07:06 AM Re: John Byrne hates Avengers movie he hasn't seen [Re: Allen Montgomery]
Jimbo Offline

Loc: New Zealand/Canada
I always suspected The Warner Brothers Network and the Fox Network were fictional. Now I know.

#599066 - 06/30/12 10:28 AM Re: John Byrne hates Avengers movie he hasn't seen [Re: Jimbo]
Ted Kilvington Offline

Loc: Mason, MI, USA
Buffy aired on Fox seasons 1-5 and on WB for 6 & 7... the WB paid beaucoup bucks to obtain the rights after ST:V ended ... Gellar initially stated she would not stay with the show thinking her contract was with the network

"I still have that comic, only now it's in liquid form!"

#599067 - 06/30/12 10:53 AM Re: John Byrne hates Avengers movie he hasn't seen [Re: Ted Kilvington]
ChrisW Offline

Loc: Lincoln, Nebraska USA
Wikipedia says it was on WB for 5 years and UPN for two more. It also says:

Originally Posted By: A television network is
a telecommunications network for distribution of television program content, whereby a central operation provides programming to many television stations or pay TV providers.

Not a real network?

"I think ChrisW is the funniest man in entertainment still alive..."
-- the perceptive Tom Spurgeon

#599068 - 06/30/12 02:27 PM Re: John Byrne hates Avengers movie he hasn't seen [Re: ChrisW]
Ted Kilvington Offline

Loc: Mason, MI, USA
Right ... UPN not WB... my bad... they merged a few years later

"I still have that comic, only now it's in liquid form!"

#599071 - 06/30/12 05:50 PM Re: John Byrne hates Avengers movie he hasn't seen [Re: Ted Kilvington]
Allen Montgomery Offline

I've never even heard of UPN. Further reinforcing my point that it wasn't on a real network.

#599073 - 06/30/12 07:29 PM Re: John Byrne hates Avengers movie he hasn't seen [Re: Allen Montgomery]
Jimbo Offline

Loc: New Zealand/Canada
If Allen hasn't heard of it, it's not real. This revelation makes me really happy that Allen's heard of me.

Page 46 of 47 < 1 2 ... 44 45 46 47 >

Moderator:  Rick Veitch, Steve Conley