Topic Options
#597580 - 05/11/12 12:34 AM I'm about to start self-distributing.
steel: A Long Departed Hero Offline

Loc: The MBA (Mysterious Blue Area)...
Any tips? Anybody have a shop and want to talk?

#597685 - 05/12/12 09:29 PM Re: I'm about to start self-distributing. [Re: steel: A Long Departed Hero]
granfalloon Offline

Loc: Toronto, Canada
I don't know how it is done, or really, if it can be done. Don Simpson tried it years ago. Dave Sim tried it with his phone book editions. I don't think that either of them achieved the success they had hoped for. I assume you are going to be distributing self published comics. Am I wrong there? Desperado Publications is a small company that distributes on the internet.

#597687 - 05/12/12 11:23 PM Re: I'm about to start self-distributing. [Re: granfalloon]
MightyQuin Offline

Loc: Tallahassee,FL
Probably you're already well aware of https://www.createspace.com/
but it's not too difficult or expensive to go through them and be listed with amazon.com. Like any POD publisher, print copies from them are on the expensive side. Some people do make money this way, not me though, at least not yet.

#600498 - 08/26/12 01:00 PM Re: I'm about to start self-distributing. [Re: MightyQuin]
GatheringComic Offline

We've sold our books pretty much exclusively from our website (along with some cons and some comic shops that we've made specific deals with). Not going to be competing with Walking Dead numbers anytime soon but the books sell well enough (some better than others) and we also have total control every step of the way which is really nice.

Moderator:  Rick Veitch, Steve Conley