Page 6 of 14 < 1 2 ... 4 5 6 7 8 ... 13 14 >
Topic Options
#598454 - 06/15/12 02:13 PM Re: BEFORE WATCHMEN: MINUTEMAN #1 [Re: MBunge]
Allen Montgomery Online   content

Originally Posted By: MBunge
Allen isn't an artist

I'm not? Huh. Well, that'll save me a lot of time at the drawing board and easel, I suppose.

#598456 - 06/15/12 03:11 PM Re: BEFORE WATCHMEN: MINUTEMAN #1 [Re: Allen Montgomery]
MBunge Offline

Loc: Waterloo, Iowa, United States
Originally Posted By: Allen Montgomery
Allen isn't an artist

I'm not? Huh. Well, that'll save me a lot of time at the drawing board and easel, I suppose.

I put a chain link fence in my back yard, but that doesn't make me a landscaper.

I installed a new side panel in my basement shower, but that doesn't make me a contractor.

I mow my lawn, but that doesn't make me a gardner.

Likewise, you may scribble at a drawing board or smudge up an easel, but that doesn't make you an artist in the context of this discussion.

Mike

#598457 - 06/15/12 03:38 PM Re: BEFORE WATCHMEN: MINUTEMAN #1 [Re: MBunge]
Charles Reece Offline

Loc: us of fuckin' a
Did Van Gogh have to make a living off of his art to be an artist?

#598458 - 06/15/12 03:58 PM Re: BEFORE WATCHMEN: MINUTEMAN #1 [Re: MBunge]

you may scribble at a drawing board or smudge up an easel, but that doesn't make you an artist in the context of this discussion.

You are willfully ignorant of the definitions of words. Again.

#598459 - 06/15/12 04:11 PM Re: BEFORE WATCHMEN: MINUTEMAN #1 [Re: Charles Reece]
MBunge Offline

Originally Posted By: Charles Reece
Did Van Gogh have to make a living off of his art to be an artist?

Van Gogh = Allen Montgomery?

Mike

#598460 - 06/15/12 04:12 PM Re: BEFORE WATCHMEN: MINUTEMAN #1 [Re: Allen Montgomery]
MBunge Offline

you may scribble at a drawing board or smudge up an easel, but that doesn't make you an artist in the context of this discussion.

You are willfully ignorant of the definitions of words. Again.

Put some of your "art" up and let's all see how it compares to those you criticize.

Mike

#598461 - 06/15/12 04:16 PM Re: BEFORE WATCHMEN: MINUTEMAN #1 [Re: MBunge]

Artist = paycheck?

#598462 - 06/15/12 04:18 PM Re: BEFORE WATCHMEN: MINUTEMAN #1 [Re: MBunge]

Put some of your "art" up and let's all see how it compares to those you criticize.

First off, I already have, you ignorant twat. Second, even if I couldn't draw a stick figure, that wouldn't change the fact that Darwyn Cooke is an unoriginal and derivative piece of shit.

#598465 - 06/15/12 04:38 PM Re: BEFORE WATCHMEN: MINUTEMAN #1 [Re: Allen Montgomery]
MBunge Offline

First off, I already have, you ignorant twat. Second, even if I couldn't draw a stick figure, that wouldn't change the fact that Darwyn Cooke is an unoriginal and derivative piece of shit.

1. Put it in this thread so people can compare your arrogant judgment with the quality of your own work.

2. "unoriginal and derivative piece of shit" is not criticism. It's insult.

Mike

#598466 - 06/15/12 04:40 PM Re: BEFORE WATCHMEN: MINUTEMAN #1 [Re: Allen Montgomery]
MBunge Offline

Artist = paycheck?

If anyone can validly call themselves an artist, then the word can have no real meaning. What? Are standards only for everyone else?

Mike

Page 6 of 14 < 1 2 ... 4 5 6 7 8 ... 13 14 >

Moderator:  Rick Veitch, Steve Conley