Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >
Topic Options
#599134 - 07/03/12 05:42 PM Re: John Byrne doesn't have to take your abuse! [Re: Mr. Socko]
Allen Montgomery Online   content

Originally Posted By: Mr. Socko
I don't see why we just can't all be jerks.

You're no Rodney King.

#599146 - 07/04/12 05:31 AM Re: John Byrne doesn't have to take your abuse! [Re: Lawson]
Mike Keane Offline

Originally Posted By: Lawson
Originally Posted By: Alexander Ness
I think Byrne has a right to privacy. But to have a public forum and want privacy there isn't really the place to expect to exercise that right.

'Twas interesting.

For all these years, Byrne complained about people mocking his public comments because he thought he was getting an unfair rap (what he dismissed as "bad Byrne stories"). He doesn't think he's the jerk everyone else does.

But -- to his credit, I suppose -- I never noticed him whine about people quoting him from his Web site. He seemed to understand that comments he posted about whatever -- Steve Irwin, other comics pros, Latinas with blonde hair -- was going to be circulated around the Interwub.

Oh belive me he hates people copying quotes from the web site, he has many times mentioned that the copywrite notice on the website means that people should not do it

#599155 - 07/04/12 12:19 PM Re: John Byrne doesn't have to take your abuse! [Re: Mike Keane]
Peter Urkowitz Offline

Loc: Salem, MA, USA
Originally Posted By: Mike Keane

Oh belive me he hates people copying quotes from the web site, he has many times mentioned that the copywrite notice on the website means that people should not do it

Of course, fair use doctrine trumps that copyright notice, as long as the quotes are limited.

But now that Byrne has made the forum private, he would be perfectly within his rights to kick out any of his forum members who quote from the JBF elsewhere. So I'm hesitant to do so myself, since I joined last week. I would still be willing to provide quotes if there were a compelling reason to do so, but I'm not going to engage in a WikiLeaks-style mass dump of JBF material either.

#599160 - 07/04/12 01:43 PM Re: John Byrne doesn't have to take your abuse! [Re: Peter Urkowitz]
Budman Offline

Loc: Penfield, Ny USA
Ask him if his current publisher can arrange a project where byrne and neal adams can team up and do something. Something where one inks the other's pencils and vice versa.

#599170 - 07/04/12 05:13 PM Re: John Byrne doesn't have to take your abuse! [Re: Budman]
Allen Montgomery Online   content

I must apologize to Neal Adams, as he has finally completed his Batman maxiseries. I didn't read it, heard that it sucked pretty badly, but he did complete it. So my apologies for doubting his sticktoitiveness. Now, he's moving onto an X-Men limited series. Again, I won't be buying it, though.

#599174 - 07/04/12 06:21 PM Re: John Byrne doesn't have to take your abuse! [Re: Allen Montgomery]
Budman Offline

Loc: Penfield, Ny USA
He finished it but not in a timely manner. Which would annoy jb to the point that he may quit the project.

#599227 - 07/05/12 02:49 PM Re: John Byrne doesn't have to take your abuse! [Re: Budman]
Paul W. Sondersted, Jr. Online   sleepy

Loc: Sparks, Nevada, United States
I logged out of my account & I'm still able to access the site. Are there particular areas that are inaccessible?

#599228 - 07/05/12 02:56 PM Re: John Byrne doesn't have to take your abuse! [Re: Paul W. Sondersted, Jr.]
Lawson Offline

Loc: Lexington, Ky.
I'm no tech export, lord knows, but I think the cookies embedded in your computer give you access to the JBF whether you're logged in or not, Paul. The Forum "knows" that it's you. You may not be able to post, though.

For anyone not registered and without the cookies, you get a blank page except for a line about needing to register for access.

#599229 - 07/05/12 03:10 PM Re: John Byrne doesn't have to take your abuse! [Re: Lawson]
Alexander Ness Online   shocked

Loc: Minnesota

#599230 - 07/05/12 03:54 PM Re: John Byrne doesn't have to take your abuse! [Re: Alexander Ness]
Lawson Offline

Loc: Lexington, Ky.
It's back!

Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >

Moderator:  Rick Veitch, Steve Conley