Page 4 of 4 < 1 2 3 4
Topic Options
#599279 - 07/07/12 09:32 AM Re: John Byrne doesn't have to take your abuse! [Re: Peter Urkowitz]
Paul W. Sondersted, Jr. Offline

Loc: Sparks, Nevada, United States
Why on earth would he see that statement as "unnecessarily provocative?" whistle

#599303 - 07/08/12 11:27 AM Re: John Byrne doesn't have to take your abuse! [Re: Paul W. Sondersted, Jr.]
Peter Urkowitz Offline

Loc: Salem, MA, USA
I don't know how HE would see it, I can only use my own judgment as to what is the right thing to do. In order to apologize at the JBF, I would first have to make them aware of my initial offense over here. That would be a distraction that they never asked for and don't need.

I know that some members of the JBF are aware of Comicon, and recently we have seen Byrne himself commenting on references to himself that he has seen around the web. So I'm not hiding anything by posting criticisms here but not there. I'm just not rubbing it in their faces.

#601706 - 01/02/13 01:24 PM Re: John Byrne doesn't have to take your abuse! [Re: Peter Urkowitz]
Ceci n'est pas une chaussette Offline

This has gotta be the best page on the internet:

http://www.byrnerobotics.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=34869&PN=1&TPN=50

The words, "ha ha, whoops!" don't seem to be in Byrne's vocabulary.

#601721 - 01/04/13 10:03 AM Re: John Byrne doesn't have to take your abuse! [Re: Ceci n'est pas une chaussette]
Charles Reece Offline

Loc: us of fuckin' a
That's a real gem, that is.

#601722 - 01/04/13 11:37 AM Re: John Byrne doesn't have to take your abuse! [Re: Charles Reece]
Lawson Offline

Loc: Lexington, Ky.
Some smart-ass has started a Twitter feed of dumb things Byrne has said over the years.

Recent samples:

My consumption of alcohol comes down to about 6 drinks a year, four of which are sissy-drinks that are more fruit juice than booze.

Bishop stands in my mind as the official Beginning of the End at Marvel. The point, one might say, at which it became Mar***

For a few years John used asterisks when spelling Marvel because he felt they no longer existed as he knew them.

May I just add a small thought, discretely, at this point? FANS AND RETAILERS WHO ACCEPT CONSTANTLY LATE BOOKS ARE STUPID F***ING MORONS WHO ARE HELPING TO DESTROY WHAT'S LEFT OF THIS INDUSTRY. Thank you.

At various parties I am always introduced as "the comicbook artist" or, more often, "the famous comicbook artist", which usually elicits from whomever I am being introduced to some comment about something "funny" that happened to them, that I can use in one of my comicbooks.

When I got on UNCANNY X-MEN the first thing I wanted to do was a Sentinels story. Chris kept putting me off. Finally I asked him why he was so against using the Sentinels. "Because the Sentinels are lame," he said. "No they're not," I said. "You write them lame!"

#601723 - 01/04/13 02:49 PM Re: John Byrne doesn't have to take your abuse! [Re: Lawson]
MBunge Offline

Loc: Waterloo, Iowa, United States
By Twitter standards, most of those comments are Mensa-worthy.

Mike

#601731 - 01/05/13 10:41 AM Re: John Byrne doesn't have to take your abuse! [Re: MBunge]
shjonescrk Offline

Loc: Airdrie, Scotland
Seems like ages since we had some good ol' John Byrne craziness. Hopefully, 2013 will be a return to form for the great man.

#601742 - 01/08/13 11:29 AM Re: John Byrne doesn't have to take your abuse! [Re: shjonescrk]
Barnaby Offline

Some of those statements are not that dumb...

Page 4 of 4 < 1 2 3 4

Moderator:  Rick Veitch, Steve Conley