Page 4 of 7 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 >
Topic Options
#599777 - 07/23/12 12:39 PM Re: Tragedy at movie premiere [Re: Lawson]
Charles Reece Offline

Loc: us of fuckin' a
Yeah, FTR, I really was joking.

My dad took me to Charles Bronson movies, so I don't much see a problem with kids seeing these Batman films. He was a construction worker, so no midnight showings, though.

#599778 - 07/23/12 12:45 PM Re: Tragedy at movie premiere [Re: Charles Reece]
Charles Reece Offline

Loc: us of fuckin' a
Also, I think this guy is closest to the truth about the Nolan trilogy: "Most Conservative Film Ever."

#599782 - 07/23/12 06:09 PM Re: Tragedy at movie premiere [Re: Charles Reece]
Ted Kilvington Offline

Loc: Mason, MI, USA
Yeesh! I'm surprised that review didn't work in a line about how the bad guy was always talking about "Hope"!

"I still have that comic, only now it's in liquid form!"

#599784 - 07/23/12 07:08 PM Re: Tragedy at movie premiere [Re: Ted Kilvington]
Allen Montgomery Offline

Ben Shapiro sounds like another idiot who doesn't realize Ayn Rand's books are science fiction.

#599785 - 07/23/12 08:35 PM Re: Tragedy at movie premiere [Re: Allen Montgomery]
ChrisW Offline

Loc: Lincoln, Nebraska USA
Quote:
Thank god somebody's willing to point the finger at the real villain in all this: President Barack Obama.

Seriously though Weemie, you are such a fucking incoherent lunatic.

Are you saying drones are patrolling American cities to protect the citizenry from terrorists *without* Presidential approval, or are you just saying they couldn't be reprogrammed to do other things, since Americans are fine with drone patrols?

I'm saying the drones could be programmed to do other things since Americans are fine with drone patrols. It would be less wasteful, time-consuming and antagonistic than futilely attempting to disarm the citizens.

[If I wanted an Obama joke, I'd just say that at least now people have forgotten all the dead Mexicans, killed by guns Eric Holder handed out, then lied to Congress about. Either that or a joke about how the Chief Executive picks and chooses which laws to enforce anyway.]

Edited by ChrisW (07/23/12 10:06 PM)
Edit Reason: because I bet my sweet bippy and lost

"I think ChrisW is the funniest man in entertainment still alive..."
-- the perceptive Tom Spurgeon

#599787 - 07/23/12 09:50 PM Re: Tragedy at movie premiere [Re: ChrisW]
Allen Montgomery Offline

Originally Posted By: ChrisW
Are you saying drones are patrolling American cities to protect the citizenry from terrorists *without* Presidential approval, or are you just saying they couldn't be reprogrammed to do other things, since Americans are fine with drone patrols?

I'm saying there aren't currently any "drones" doing any "patrolling" of anything in America. The president only OK'ed the use of cameras for agrigultural or real estate use, or traffic cams. All of which have been in use for more than fifty years already.

http://bits.blogs.nytimes.com/2012/07/14/who-is-flying-drones-over-america/

Dumbass.

#599790 - 07/24/12 10:56 AM Re: Tragedy at movie premiere [Re: ChrisW]
Ceci n'est pas une chaussette Offline

Are you saying drones...

No. I'm saying you're an incoherent lunatic who's trying to shout over a mass murder by bitching and moaning about an entirely different subject, and that's fucking contemptible.

I'm also saying that the difference between you and the guy who sleeps behind a 7-11 and screams at passersby is that you have access to a keyboard.

Hope that clears it up for you.

#599795 - 07/24/12 05:24 PM Re: Tragedy at movie premiere [Re: ChrisW]
jackdaw Offline

[quote]
I'm saying the drones could be programmed to do other things since Americans are fine with drone patrols. It would be less wasteful, time-consuming and antagonistic than futilely attempting to disarm the citizens.

Surely you know that technology to deal with specific dangerous individuals is years and many billions of dollars away?? Money.... that most Europeans (me included).... would feel you'd get more value from by improving your "free" health care systems.

And.... I'm puzzled that so many Americans feel that tightening access to guns has to be a sinister government move. Personally I believe true freedom is better served by increasing power of the electorate to direct government, and make sure all key politicians have to be re-elected quite often.

Certainly I've never meet a Brit, Italian, Spaniard, German, etc who regards himself as less free than an American because its harder in our countries to get guns and ammunition.

#599796 - 07/24/12 06:42 PM Re: Tragedy at movie premiere [Re: jackdaw]
MightyQuin Offline

Loc: Tallahassee,FL
Sorry Jackdaw, but Americans do not learn from the example of non-Americans. Even if the example should tell us to do the opposite e.g. the European austerity measures, the lesson is totally lost on us.

#599798 - 07/24/12 11:14 PM Re: Tragedy at movie premiere [Re: MightyQuin]
Allen Montgomery Offline

Yep. Had a discussion with two morons today about how President Obama should have turned the economy around by now and how Romney's "great business sense" will save America. Had another discussion today with a lady who thought Social Security is a private account system (when informed otherwise said it should be). Americans have a real adversity to facts, for some reason.

Page 4 of 7 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 >

Moderator:  Rick Veitch, Steve Conley