Page 6 of 7 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 >
Topic Options
#600169 - 08/15/12 10:58 PM Re: Tragedy at movie premiere [Re: Allen Montgomery]
Allen Montgomery Offline

Shooting at a Family Research Council office this morning. More in the Chick-Fil-A thread.

#600177 - 08/16/12 09:28 AM Re: Tragedy at movie premiere [Re: madget]
Joe Lee Offline

#600210 - 08/16/12 02:40 PM Re: Tragedy at movie premiere [Re: Joe Lee]
Allen Montgomery Offline

A "megadeath" is one million human deaths as a measure of destruction from a nuclear blast. The band Megadeth takes its name from a Cold War era pamphlet issued by Democratic Senator Alan Cranston stating, "The arsenal of megadeath can't be rid no matter what the peace treaties come to."

I used to be such a big fan of Mustaine and Megadeth in the 80's and 90's. My main issue with them was they hadn't put out a good record since 1997, but I had seen the signs that Dave was slowly morphing into a Republican. Comes with being rich and married to a swimsuit model, I suppose. Thanks for the link.

#600221 - 08/16/12 06:23 PM Re: Tragedy at movie premiere [Re: Allen Montgomery]
ChrisW Offline

Loc: Lincoln, Nebraska USA
My, you bounce back from tragedy and death quickly.

"I think ChrisW is the funniest man in entertainment still alive..."
-- the perceptive Tom Spurgeon

#600222 - 08/16/12 08:27 PM Re: Tragedy at movie premiere [Re: ChrisW]
Happy Birthday HouseOfMisterE Offline

Loc: Huntsville, AL
I never liked Mustaine's voice. It sounded like he was singing thru his nose. I did like some of Megadeth's guitar riffs, though, and they did a pretty good cover of "Sabbath Bloody Sabbath".

Anyone remember the Metallica comic book that came out in '89? Here's the scene from when Mustaine left the band:

#600223 - 08/16/12 08:32 PM Re: Tragedy at movie premiere [Re: ChrisW]
Allen Montgomery Offline

Mustaine is apparently taking a lot of heat for his mouth fart. He went on Alex Jones' show again specifically to "clarify" his conspiracy lunacy, saying that he was just "quoting Larry Pratt of Gun Owners of America." Too late, asshole. Fans have tolerated his born-again bullshit ever since he ran Nick Menza and Marty Friedman out of the band. He just effectively alienated half of what fan base he still had left.

#600233 - 08/18/12 12:43 AM Re: Tragedy at movie premiere [Re: Allen Montgomery]
ChrisW Offline

Loc: Lincoln, Nebraska USA
So it would be fair to say that heavy metal is a negative influence on impressionable citizens?

"I think ChrisW is the funniest man in entertainment still alive..."
-- the perceptive Tom Spurgeon

#600234 - 08/18/12 01:04 AM Re: Tragedy at movie premiere [Re: ChrisW]
Allen Montgomery Offline

No, I would say that money has been a negative influence on Dave Mustaine.

#600236 - 08/18/12 01:34 AM Re: Tragedy at movie premiere [Re: Allen Montgomery]
Charles Reece Offline

Loc: us of fuckin' a
Stupidity's been even more of a negative influence.

#600237 - 08/18/12 01:40 AM Re: Tragedy at movie premiere [Re: Charles Reece]
Allen Montgomery Offline

Sure, maybe. But at least it used to be creative and somewhat funny. Plus, it could be blamed on the drugs. Now all he's got is money and neo-Christianity, making him a Teatard birther Republican. And apparently a gun nut, of which I was not previously aware.

Page 6 of 7 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 >

Moderator:  Rick Veitch, Steve Conley