Topic Options
#601036 - 09/26/12 07:56 PM Avengers 3D/Blu Ray/DVD/PC
Budman Offline

Loc: Penfield, Ny USA
This is the first movie I've ever pre-ordered. It's also the first superhero movie I've seen as a family. My son farted two different times during dialogue heavy moments. I'll never forget this bitter/sweet occasion.
A few thoughts:
I preordered through amazon. I'm an amazon prime member so I expected it in my goddam mailbox on the day it went on sale. That's the guarantee. This was the litmis test. Time's like this is why why I automatically have prime renewed every year. I told my son to watch the mail on tuesday b/c that's the day. I told him this sunday night as he went to bed. He was giddy. I was giddier.
I was so intent on making sure that amazon prime was all it was hyped up to be, I tracked the package as soon as I got the email that it had shipped. The results:

It was delivered to my house at 2:35 Monday afternoon. My expectations were exceeded at this point.

Check back to see how my wife totally destroys my perfect moment...

#601038 - 09/26/12 11:03 PM Re: Avengers 3D/Blu Ray/DVD/PC [Re: Budman]
Jimbo Offline

Loc: New Zealand/Canada
Does the DVD version include the scenes that were cut, like all the extra Captain America stuff? I really hope so.

#601058 - 09/28/12 01:16 PM Re: Avengers 3D/Blu Ray/DVD/PC [Re: Budman]
Budman Offline

Loc: Penfield, Ny USA
Originally Posted By: Budman
This is the first movie I've ever pre-ordered. It's also the first superhero movie I've seen as a family. My son farted two different times during dialogue heavy moments. I'll never forget this bitter/sweet occasion.
A few thoughts:
I preordered through amazon. I'm an amazon prime member so I expected it in my goddam mailbox on the day it went on sale. That's the guarantee. This was the litmis test. Time's like this is why why I automatically have prime renewed every year. I told my son to watch the mail on tuesday b/c that's the day. I told him this sunday night as he went to bed. He was giddy. I was giddier.
I was so intent on making sure that amazon prime was all it was hyped up to be, I tracked the package as soon as I got the email that it had shipped. The results:

It was delivered to my house at 2:35 Monday afternoon. My expectations were exceeded at this point.

Check back to see how my wife totally destroys my perfect moment...

She is the ying to my yang. Her presence brings balance to the family thing. With that comes times when it really pisses me off that this is how it is. My struggle is to introduce my kids to movies that will have a significant impact in the history of pop culture while convincing my italian "I want my kids to be married in a catholic church" purer than pure "I'll have an ice water with lemon while i order a scotch/rocks at a restaurant wife that it's ok to step out of routine for occassions like this. Bottom line: It's a school week and there is no way in hell that movie is going to be watched until Friday night.
Sure, I could easily march right over to the glass jar that rests on my wife's nightstand, take my balls out, put them on and tell her to start popping the popcorn, but that would lead to an all out war. Who want's that on a Monday night. I know I sure as hell don't. I just feel bad for the younger version of me that was just as excited as I was to pop it in and watch it.

After 4 days of grumbling, tonights the night.

#601060 - 09/28/12 03:53 PM Re: Avengers 3D/Blu Ray/DVD/PC [Re: Jimbo]
HouseOfMisterE Online   content

Loc: Huntsville, AL
Originally Posted By: Jimbo
Does the DVD version include the scenes that were cut, like all the extra Captain America stuff? I really hope so.

There is bonus material, but no extra scenes have been integrated into the main feature. Have to wait for a Director's Cut for that, I guess.

#601087 - 09/29/12 10:34 PM Re: Avengers 3D/Blu Ray/DVD/PC [Re: HouseOfMisterE]
Ted Kilvington Offline

Loc: Mason, MI, USA
Picked up the DVD today and am watching this right now. Good stuff.

"I still have that comic, only now it's in liquid form!"

#601095 - 10/01/12 01:01 AM Re: Avengers 3D/Blu Ray/DVD/PC [Re: HouseOfMisterE]
Jimbo Offline

Loc: New Zealand/Canada
Originally Posted By: HouseOfMisterE
Originally Posted By: Jimbo

There is bonus material, but no extra scenes have been integrated into the main feature. Have to wait for a Director's Cut for that, I guess.

Bummer. I guess I'll wait for the Director's Cut!

#601113 - 10/01/12 10:43 PM Re: Avengers 3D/Blu Ray/DVD/PC [Re: Jimbo]
Peter Urkowitz Offline

Loc: Salem, MA, USA
It looks like all the deleted scenes are on the Blu-Ray, not on the DVD.

But yeah, they are in their own section, not part of the main movie. And from what I've seen of them, it's a good thing that they are not part of the main movie. There's some fun stuff in there, but it doesn't really fit with the rest.

I could be wrong about all that. We got the Blu-Ray/DVD set, but I don't have a Blu-Ray player. So I'm just going by the listings on the box. And the deleted scenes that I have seen have just been on the internet. I have not seen the Capt. America scenes that you're talking about. I've seen some SHIELD stuff and some Hulk stuff.

Moderator:  Rick Veitch, Steve Conley