Topic Options
#601092 - 09/30/12 09:27 PM Looper
Ted Kilvington Offline

Loc: Mason, MI, USA
Saw it today with my two teenage daughters. One said it was her favorite movie ever; the other said it was good but not great. I was very disappointed at how riddled with plot holes it was.

"I still have that comic, only now it's in liquid form!"

#601094 - 09/30/12 10:46 PM Re: Looper [Re: Ted Kilvington]
Allen Montgomery Offline

I haven't seen it, but do they explain why they need somebody to kill people they drop through time and space? They've got a sheet laid out in a corn field, so obviously they can control precisely when and where the person shows up. Just teleport them over an active volcano. Or onto the deck of the Titanic. Or in one of the towers on 9/11. Or on the Faroe Islands in the height of the Black Plague. Or a hundred feet under the surface of the ocean. Or to the moon.

#601105 - 10/01/12 10:20 AM Re: Looper [Re: Allen Montgomery]
Ted Kilvington Offline

Loc: Mason, MI, USA
In the year 2074, the mob can't dispose of bodies, so they send their victims to 2044 where they can be killed and cremated. That's all the explanation given. That line was in the trailer I saw, and I figured a better explanation would be found in the actual film. I was wrong.

"I still have that comic, only now it's in liquid form!"

#601144 - 10/03/12 03:10 AM Re: Looper [Re: Ted Kilvington]
Allen Montgomery Offline

Paul Dano's in this movie and his future self isn't played by Liam Neeson? Man, fuck this movie.

Moderator:  Rick Veitch, Steve Conley