Page 5 of 25 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 24 25 >
Topic Options
#600634 - 08/28/12 05:16 PM Re: So, how bad can BEFORE WATCHMEN get? [Re: Joe Lee]
Ceci n'est pas une chaussette Offline

Originally Posted By: Joe Lee
...still doesn't mean you aren't a dickhead.

I'm sorry I'm so hostile, Joe.

#600638 - 08/28/12 05:25 PM Re: So, how bad can BEFORE WATCHMEN get? [Re: Ceci n'est pas une chaussette]
Joe Lee Offline

Originally Posted By: Ceci n'est pas une chaussette

I'm sorry you're such a dickhead.

#600642 - 08/28/12 05:37 PM Re: So, how bad can BEFORE WATCHMEN get? [Re: Joe Lee]
MBunge Offline

Loc: Waterloo, Iowa, United States
Originally Posted By: Ceci n'est pas une chaussette

I'm sorry you're such a dickhead.

He's not. Remember, Joe, Ceci Appleface has all but admitted that he's a troll who's only here to amuse himself. Hell, he's probably buying 2 copies of each BW book; one to read and one to bag 'n board.

Mike

#600644 - 08/28/12 05:41 PM Re: So, how bad can BEFORE WATCHMEN get? [Re: MBunge]
Allen Montgomery Offline

That was pretty weak, Bungee. Even for you.

#600647 - 08/28/12 05:46 PM Re: So, how bad can BEFORE WATCHMEN get? [Re: MBunge]
Ceci n'est pas une chaussette Offline

Originally Posted By: MBunge
Remember, Joe, Ceci Appleface has all but admitted that he's a troll who's only here to amuse himself.

No I haven't. I've said that I participate on this board because it amuses me. I've also said that one of the things that amuses me is the tendency of you and Joe to accuse anyone who says things you don't like of being a troll, while simultaneously shouting ridiculous things at them. Which I consider unreasonable, but funny.

Sorry if that confused you.

#600852 - 09/14/12 10:57 AM Re: So, how bad can BEFORE WATCHMEN get? [Re: MBunge]
MBunge Offline

Loc: Waterloo, Iowa, United States
I'm not a huge Brian Azzarrello fan, but he certainly isn't the one I'd pick to churn out the worst BW book. That, however, appears to be what's happening. Don't get me wrong, the first issue of JMS' NITE OWL is so spectacularly terrible that it makes you think it's an attempt to viciously satirize the whole BW concept. Az's COMEDIAN as a series beats that out by being so hideously self-important while simultaneously revealing the limits of Az' skill as a writer.

The latest issue of COMEDIAN plops him down into the Watts' riots and is truly a WTF! comic if ever there was one. Azzarrello is trying to do some sort of commentary on the times and controversies of the 1960s but he's doing it with all the wit and insight of a chalkboard eraser.

Mike

#600853 - 09/14/12 12:13 PM Re: So, how bad can BEFORE WATCHMEN get? [Re: MBunge]
jackdaw Offline

It sounds even worse than I thought it would be, because some reasonable talent has been involved in the great shambles.

But, it would be "worth it", as long as at least a few fans were moved from the "I'll read anything that involves my favourite character" camp to being more selective.

(In this case although characters and creators looked "reasonable".... the reason for caution was clear: prequels written solely to cash in on success of original are usually poorish.)

#600877 - 09/16/12 03:20 AM Re: So, how bad can BEFORE WATCHMEN get? [Re: jackdaw]
Allen Montgomery Offline

Hey, I just noticed Len Wein has been off the pirate backup for a couple of weeks now. Higgins is credited as writer and artist.

#600880 - 09/16/12 08:50 AM Re: So, how bad can BEFORE WATCHMEN get? [Re: MBunge]
Charles Reece Offline

Loc: us of fuckin' a
"chalkboard eraser" -- that's a good line

#600925 - 09/19/12 05:38 PM Re: So, how bad can BEFORE WATCHMEN get? [Re: Charles Reece]
Allen Montgomery Offline

Comedian #3... Apparently Blake went through a heretofore untold period where he wore face paint as part of his costume. Alt cover by John Paul Leon, who had already had practice shitting on Alan Moore back in Tom Strong #25 (written by Geoff Johns). Like Darwyn Cooke, he also took part in the Rocketeer Adventures necrophilia.

Silk Spectre #3... they give Laurie a drug trip just to goof with the panel layouts for six pages. Reference to a 1995 Oasis album. Secret (and stupid) origin of the boots. The guy behind the drugs is Frank Sinatra. So stupid. Secret origin of the smiley face button. Alt cover by... Mike Allred. After the fallout between Chris Roberson and DC over Before Watchmen affecting iZombie. Now that's just a fucking shame.

Page 5 of 25 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 24 25 >

Moderator:  Rick Veitch, Steve Conley