Page 3 of 25 < 1 2 3 4 5 ... 24 25 >
Topic Options
#599112 - 07/03/12 12:19 PM Re: So, how bad can BEFORE WATCHMEN get? [Re: MBunge]
ChrisW Offline

Loc: Lincoln, Nebraska USA
Quote:
I always thought it would be cool to see what Rorshach was like before he went crazy. He sounds reasonable and pretty normal in the crime busters scene from Watchmen.

I preferred it when Stan Lee wrote him.

"I think ChrisW is the funniest man in entertainment still alive..."
-- the perceptive Tom Spurgeon

#599136 - 07/03/12 06:24 PM Re: So, how bad can BEFORE WATCHMEN get? [Re: ChrisW]
Bring Back Zot Offline

I have no interest in any of the books in this series, and plan not to read it, so as not to tarnish my memory of Alan Moore's great work.

#599141 - 07/03/12 11:49 PM Re: So, how bad can BEFORE WATCHMEN get? [Re: Bring Back Zot]
Allen Montgomery Offline

Oh, it makes the original look even better by comparison.

#599149 - 07/04/12 10:21 AM Re: So, how bad can BEFORE WATCHMEN get? [Re: Allen Montgomery]
MBunge Offline

Loc: Waterloo, Iowa, United States
Originally Posted By: Allen Montgomery
Oh, it makes the original look even better by comparison.

Allen is completely right about that. It'll be interesting to see what the reaction is from the general public that's been buying WATCHMEN for over 25 years when there's this big lump of clearly inferior material out there involving the same characters.

Mike

#599163 - 07/04/12 03:17 PM Re: So, how bad can BEFORE WATCHMEN get? [Re: MBunge]
ChrisW Offline

Loc: Lincoln, Nebraska USA
About the same as having a crop of big budget Spider-Man movies that remind everyone how great Maguire was in the same role. It's like a crappy run of Spider-Man comics reminds us how great the [fill in your own era] was. They both have to exist to be distinguishable.

"I think ChrisW is the funniest man in entertainment still alive..."
-- the perceptive Tom Spurgeon

#599167 - 07/04/12 05:07 PM Re: So, how bad can BEFORE WATCHMEN get? [Re: ChrisW]
Allen Montgomery Offline

No, it'll be like the many forgotten sequels to other hits The Birds II: Land's End, American Psycho II, S. Darko, Black House (sequel to The Talisman), The Dark Knight Strikes Again, Tubular Bells 2-thru-whatever and Thick as a Brick 2.

#599243 - 07/05/12 08:58 PM Re: So, how bad can BEFORE WATCHMEN get? [Re: Allen Montgomery]
Allen Montgomery Offline

Kevin Nowlan. God damn it.

#599256 - 07/06/12 07:51 PM Re: So, how bad can BEFORE WATCHMEN get? [Re: Allen Montgomery]
madget Offline

There was a Birds II?

K

#599257 - 07/06/12 08:13 PM Re: So, how bad can BEFORE WATCHMEN get? [Re: madget]
Allen Montgomery Offline

My point exactly.

#600556 - 08/27/12 06:54 PM Re: So, how bad can BEFORE WATCHMEN get? [Re: Allen Montgomery]
Gerald Offline

I checked out BW: Rorschach #1 and it was grim and gritty. Dead nude women show up in the comic with messages carved in their backs. Rorschach battles a disfigured serial killer. Gets beat up, and unmasked.

The artists really makes you feel like you're in 70s New York. Some of the scenery shots look like they come straight out of Taxi Driver. The art is well done but becuase of the subject matter and characters it's looks ugly. It kind of feels like Punisher meets CSI, or Saw.

I was looking forward to Minutemen and Rorshach the most. Minutemen started out disappointing but issue #2 was good. After briefly looking through Rorshach, I realize his past works better when it's implied than actually shown. Seeing people's reaction to Rorshach and the stories they tell each other gave a better picture of the character.

Page 3 of 25 < 1 2 3 4 5 ... 24 25 >

Moderator:  Rick Veitch, Steve Conley