Topic Options
#601508 - 12/03/12 08:02 PM The last nail in Vertigo's coffin : Karen Berger i
IvanJim Offline

Loc: Los Angeles
I do believe that the finest and most interesting comic books that DC published during the last 20 years came from Karen Berger's part of their domain. She has either tendered her resignation or has been asked to leave the company. I imagine that there isn't going to be much more seen from Vertigo after the Sandman mini-series sees publication.

Hopefully Karen will be setting up shop somewhere with a bit less interference from the top sometime in the next year.

#601509 - 12/03/12 08:44 PM Re: The last nail in Vertigo's coffin : Karen Berger i [Re: IvanJim]
Peter Urkowitz Offline

Loc: Salem, MA, USA
Thanks for the news, IvanJim.

Looks like The Beat has the story, too:

http://comicsbeat.com/karen-berger-steps-down-at-vertigo/

and a bunch of industry professionals and pundits are in the comments there, wishing her well and suggesting possible places she could end up. I certainly wish her well in her future endeavors, and thank her for all she has accomplished so far.

#601511 - 12/04/12 01:52 AM Re: The last nail in Vertigo's coffin : Karen Berger i [Re: Peter Urkowitz]
Allen Montgomery Online   content

Looks like Marty Pasko is still bitter about being replaced by Alan Moore on Swamp Thing.

Moderator:  Rick Veitch, Steve Conley