Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
#601716 - 01/03/13 05:51 PM Re: Peter A. David had a stroke [Re: Lawson]
Lawson Offline

Loc: Lexington, Ky.
From Peter David's wife:

So we are in the waiting game for now.

Peter is doing better every day. Yesterday he was able to lift up his right arm by himself and the fingers are coming back a little more every day. He can stand up but still canít walk and the standing only lasts for so long. His face is even more normal than the day before. And he sat up in a chair for the first time since Saturday which he was very happy about and I was thrilled. The more he can get up, the sooner he gets out and onto the next step of the journey.

Keep those good thoughts coming. Peter says it is both gratifying and humbling about the number of people who are praying for them and keeping him in their thoughts and he appreciates and is thankful to each and every one of you.

http://www.peterdavid.net/

#601730 - 01/05/13 10:31 AM Re: Peter A. David had a stroke [Re: Lawson]
shjonescrk Offline

Loc: Airdrie, Scotland
Not everyone who has a stroke is down to an unhealthy lifestyle. I had one and I wasn't unhealthy or overweight . For me, it was probably genetic as both my grandmother & great-grandmother died from strokes when they were relatively young and all my uncles have had heart issues.

I've become a (mostly) vegan* and it being low fat to boot. I recently got my annual check up and the nurse told me that my bad cholesterol was the lowest she had ever seen.

Anyway, here's hoping Peter makes a full recovery and starts looking after himself and just doesn't rely on pills to help himself. I liked his Hulk up until Todd McFarlane left. Good stuff.

* My theory is that humans for most of human history had a vegetarian diet but had the odd fatted calf from time to time.

#601734 - 01/05/13 12:28 PM Re: Peter A. David had a stroke [Re: shjonescrk]
Allen Montgomery Offline

Sure, PAD's weight/diet may not have been a contributing factor (especially if, as Jim says, he'd already fixed that), but it certainly wasn't doing anything to prevent an adverse medical event.

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

Moderator:  Rick Veitch, Steve Conley