Topic Options
#601798 - 01/21/13 01:07 PM 'Vorto the Pirate' a retro, sci-fi strip
UncleRobot Offline

Loc: Columbia, MO
Uncle Robot Presents is a comic art production company featuring the work of Martin Pope. "Vorto the Pirate" is two-fisted adventure on the high seas of space.

Vorto is an adventure strip centered around the notorious space-pirate, Emile Vorto, his companions, and the empire which has enslaved him. Vorto battles the pilots of the deadly Scorpio Squadron to win his freedom and that of the peoples of Orgom. This retro sci-fi webcomic updates weekly on Sundays.

Join the Uncle Robot Society to help battle the forces of the empire and defend Orgom. As a member of the Uncle Robot Society, you'll receive your own Uncle Robot Society secret decoder, membership certificate, T-shirt, art print, and more!

#601799 - 01/21/13 03:04 PM Re: 'Vorto the Pirate' a retro, sci-fi strip [Re: UncleRobot]
Peter Urkowitz Offline

Loc: Salem, MA, USA
Excellent! Really charming art and story! Looking forward to more, thanks for sharing it with us!

I did have a few small problems with the layout and navigation on your site. Sometimes a strip would appear too big, and hang over the right edge of my screen, with no scroll bar to see what I was missing. Maybe the problem is on my end, I dunno. but other than that, bravo!

#601821 - 01/25/13 08:14 PM Re: 'Vorto the Pirate' a retro, sci-fi strip [Re: Peter Urkowitz]
UncleRobot Offline

Loc: Columbia, MO
Thanks, Peter! We love hearing that you enjoy 'Vorto'.

Yeah, we did have kind of a fubar with a couple of the strips and their formatting the last few weeks. It should be fixed now. Some screens weren't displaying the strip properly and were getting that overhang you mentioned.

If you get a chance to re-visit take a look around and hopefully you'll see that everything displays properly. Thanks for the heads-up! And we hope you continue to enjoy the strip.

By the way, if you like Uncle Robot Presents on Facebook you can keep up with our current happenings which include periodic t-shirt giveaways and public appearances.

Uncle Robot

Moderator:  Rick Veitch, Steve Conley