Page 4 of 4 < 1 2 3 4
Topic Options
#601880 - 02/06/13 04:01 PM Re: Whine and Complain to Get What You Want... [Re: Lawson]
Allen Montgomery Offline

I'm not a Kirby fan. All the characters he created that anyone can remember actually having a personality of any kind, he developed with someone else. Kirby tossed out the character designs and maybe some basic situations/motivations, then Stan made them relatable.

When role-playing games came along in the 1970's, there were many thousands of kids who were engaged in the same level of "creating" that Kirby did, which is why I pay attention to Kirby's relative drawing abilities more than his rearranging costume elements and coming up with dopey names.

#601881 - 02/06/13 04:12 PM Re: Whine and Complain to Get What You Want... [Re: Allen Montgomery]
Lawson Offline

Loc: Lexington, Ky.
Well, I'm about halfway through Kirby's Fourth World comics, as reprinted in paperback by DC in four thick volumes. (If Billy is correct, Kirby's kids and grandkids got a chunk of my money. I hope so, anyway.)

They're loopy as hell -- Kirby was a nut -- but I enjoy them.

Admittedly, Mark Evanier wrote some of them, which I did not know until very recently. MR. MIRACLE in particular, I believe. I read somewhere that Kirby turned over the writing chores to young Mark, his assistant, other than the dialogue for Funky Flashman, which was Kirby's "Fuck you" to Stan Lee, shortly before he returned to Marvel.

#601882 - 02/06/13 09:17 PM Re: Whine and Complain to Get What You Want... [Re: Lawson]
billybates Offline

Loc: ON, CAN
It's amazing how neither of you can follow a simple line of logic, and you both misunderstand it identically. It seems impossible to find two rubes like you in the same place.

#601883 - 02/06/13 11:29 PM Re: Whine and Complain to Get What You Want... [Re: billybates]
Allen Montgomery Offline

There's no "line of logic." There's just you making a claim that you can only back up with one claim from a DC company shill.

#601887 - 02/07/13 10:02 AM Re: Whine and Complain to Get What You Want... [Re: billybates]
Lawson Offline

Loc: Lexington, Ky.
Originally Posted By: billybates
It seems impossible to find two rubes like you in the same place.

Originally Posted By: Mr. Socko
Comicon.com: proudly serving contrarian dips since 1998.

Page 4 of 4 < 1 2 3 4

Moderator:  Rick Veitch, Steve Conley