Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3
Topic Options
#602021 - 04/11/13 10:54 AM Re: The dramatic importance of being nice [Re: Allen Montgomery]
Lawson Offline

Loc: Lexington, Ky.
Originally Posted By: Allen Montgomery
BS. They're both still here. Jolly Joe is on right now, in fact. Tony Isabella has logged in some time since February.

I didn't know that. I'm not here as often as I used to be myself, but I haven't seen Joe or Alex post in a few months -- not since we had that unfortunate disagreement on the Kubert thread. If you fellows are still visiting on occasion, hello, I hope you're doing well.

As for new registrations, I could be wrong, but I get the impression Comicon is all but on autopilot at this point. The one time I met Rick in the flesh, in 2006, he had high hopes for Comicon and what it could be, both as a bustling social forum and as a growing revenue source. That was back when it employed one or two people full-time, including a reporter on the news page.

These dreams have not been realized. Part of that is due to the difficulty in making money on such ventures. Part of it is due to comics creators heading off to establish their own specialized Web sites rather than congregating at third-party sites like this one. And part of it, I assume, is that Rick and Steve found other things to occupy their time.

#602030 - 04/11/13 09:42 PM Re: The dramatic importance of being nice [Re: Mr. Socko]
Real Hunter, Alll the time. Offline

Originally Posted By: Mr. Socko
I'm planning to begin following you all on Twitter when that happens.

I'm on twitter.

Annnd I talk with Joe Lee and Ness a few days a week and am working with them as well.

Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3

Moderator:  Rick Veitch, Steve Conley