Topic Options
#602003 - 04/07/13 12:53 PM Before The Dark Knight Returns: Carrie Kelley
HouseOfMisterE Offline

Loc: Huntsville, AL
Next week's Batman and Red Robin #19 (the temporary re-title is explained later) introduces a new but familiar name to Batman fans to New 52 continuity, but will she be the new Robin?

Carrie Kelley - the young, female Robin from Frank Miller's 1986 graphic novel The Dark Knight Returns - is joining DC Comics’ official New 52 canon.

Link

A Different Link

Edited by HouseOfMisterE (04/07/13 12:55 PM)

#602004 - 04/07/13 03:11 PM Re: Before The Dark Knight Returns: Carrie Kelley [Re: HouseOfMisterE]
Allen Montgomery Online   content

I would scoff, but I did just pay $10 to see the remake of Evil Dead.

#602005 - 04/07/13 05:59 PM Re: Before The Dark Knight Returns: Carrie Kelley [Re: Allen Montgomery]
HouseOfMisterE Offline

Loc: Huntsville, AL
Is it any good? I just now finished watching [REC] 1, 2, and 3 (1 and 2 are ok, 3 is a turd).

Edited by HouseOfMisterE (04/07/13 06:00 PM)

#602006 - 04/07/13 08:58 PM Re: Before The Dark Knight Returns: Carrie Kelley [Re: HouseOfMisterE]
Allen Montgomery Online   content

Could have been worse. Slow and mostly took itself overly serious. It was good when the blood finally started spraying, and there were some cute references to the originals. As a standalone movie, it was probably better than the first one, but certainly not as good as Evil Dead II or Army of Darkness.

I've only seen the first [REC] and the American remake, Quarantine. I thought the coolest thing about them was the robotic camera rig (seen in the DVD bonus footage). All that automation put in place just to simulate handheld shaky-cam. So bizarre.

Moderator:  Rick Veitch, Steve Conley