Topic Options
#602020 - 04/10/13 07:05 PM Small Press and Alternative Comics Expo
Michael Neno Offline

Loc: Central Ohio
The 13th annual SPACE show, the premiere midwest convention for indie comics publishers and cartoonists, is scheduled for this Saturday and Sunday in Columbus, Ohio. Cartoonists and publishers from near and far will be selling original art, books, comics, prints, zines, posters and much more. Click the SPACE link below for a complete list of exhibitors.

More info here, where you can also download a free PDF of the new SPACE anthology comic book: SPACE.

In conjunction with the SPACE show, local arts group Wild Goose Creative is exhibiting Panels in Pink, cartoon art by local female cartoonists. The Billy Ireland Cartoon Research Library and Museum, the largest holder of archived original cartoon art in the world, will be hosting a related open house from 5-7. The Billy Ireland Cartoon Research Library and Museum See original art by Jeff Smith, Winsor McCay and many more! In addition, local comics shop Laughing Ogre is hosting a pre-SPACE party Friday evening.

It all starts Friday afternoon in Columbus, Ohio. If you're in the area, please check it out!

#602022 - 04/11/13 07:02 PM Re: Small Press and Alternative Comics Expo [Re: Michael Neno]
Real Hunter, Alll the time. Offline

I've been doing interviews with creators that will be at the show. I wish I would've seen this sooner Michael.

http://www.theouthousers.com/index.php/features/121451-space-2013-joel-jackson.html

#602027 - 04/11/13 07:11 PM Re: Small Press and Alternative Comics Expo [Re: Real Hunter, Alll the time.]
Michael Neno Offline

Good interview! I'm looking forward to getting the new Radio Free Gahanna at SPACE.

#602028 - 04/11/13 07:25 PM Re: Small Press and Alternative Comics Expo [Re: Michael Neno]
Real Hunter, Alll the time. Offline

Originally Posted By: Michael Neno
Good interview! I'm looking forward to getting the new Radio Free Gahanna at SPACE.

Yea this is the second time I've interviewed their whole crew.

I've got Bob Cordy and a few other's interviews going up tomorrow. Are you on the SPACE facebook group?

#602057 - 04/17/13 07:07 PM Re: Small Press and Alternative Comics Expo [Re: Real Hunter, Alll the time.]
Michael Neno Offline

Sorry for the late reply. I am on the SPACE Facebook group. Will be posting pics of the show soon.

#602062 - 04/18/13 10:03 PM Re: Small Press and Alternative Comics Expo [Re: Real Hunter, Alll the time.]
Michael Neno Offline

Some pics from SPACE. I'll be posting more soon.

SPACE 2013 Pics on Eventized

#602064 - 04/20/13 06:06 PM Re: Small Press and Alternative Comics Expo [Re: Michael Neno]
Michael Neno Offline

Lastly, pics from the Annual SPACE Awards for small press comics, books and webcomics: Eventized pics of the SPACE 2013 Awards ceremony

Edited by Michael Neno (04/20/13 06:08 PM)

Moderator:  Rick Veitch, Steve Conley