Topic Options
#602031 - 04/12/13 09:24 AM Marvel/DC take legal action for SuperHeroes?
Real Hunter, Alll the time. Offline

The Rumours of my Comicon demise have been sore....chafing...and slightly exaggerated.
I've been writing for two comic-book/Pop-Culture related websites and swamped with work and family, so apologies for not being around so much. All three of you that remember me.

I've been writing for a new site a few of us from here at Commie have set up and put some work into: http://lxng.blogspot.com/
I wanted to share with y'all what I've been up to.

I've interviewed Independent Publisher/Creator Ray Felix about the legal action that Marvel/DC have slapped him with for his usuage of a trademark that contained the word(s)SuperHeroes.

You can read about it here: http://lxng.blogspot.com/2013/03/mute-point.html

Edited by Real Hunter, Alll the time. (04/12/13 09:25 AM)

#602033 - 04/12/13 03:12 PM Re: Marvel/DC take legal action for SuperHeroes? [Re: Real Hunter, Alll the time.]
Allen Montgomery Offline

And no mention of Super Hero Happy Hour.

#602034 - 04/12/13 03:54 PM Re: Marvel/DC take legal action for SuperHeroes? [Re: Allen Montgomery]

Originally Posted By: Allen Montgomery
And no mention of Super Hero Happy Hour.

That's been covered a few places.

I also purposely left out examples that I've seen or know of just to avoid giving some Disney Lawyer eager intern obvious targets.

#602036 - 04/12/13 03:57 PM Re: Marvel/DC take legal action for SuperHeroes? [Re: Real Hunter, Alll the time.]
Lawson Offline

Loc: Lexington, Ky.
Originally Posted By: Real Hunter, Alll the time.
I've been writing for a new site a few of us from here at Commie have set up and put some work into: http://lxng.blogspot.com/

Cool site, Hunter!

I'm glad to see Joe, Alex and some of our other old regulars still active online and producing comics and stories, though I miss seeing them here. Tell them I said hello, OK? I'd try to register myself over there, but I don't know how welcome my overture would be. I fear they're probably still pissed about the Kubert thread six months ago.

#602037 - 04/12/13 04:13 PM Re: Marvel/DC take legal action for SuperHeroes? [Re: Real Hunter, Alll the time.]
Allen Montgomery Offline

Originally Posted By: Hunter

No shit. It's the obvious example to bring up when discussing this subject.

#602039 - 04/12/13 05:59 PM Re: Marvel/DC take legal action for SuperHeroes? [Re: Allen Montgomery]

No shit. It's the obvious example to bring up when discussing this subject.

It's nice to see you're still bleeding all over the place.

#602040 - 04/12/13 06:00 PM Re: Marvel/DC take legal action for SuperHeroes? [Re: Lawson]

Originally Posted By: Lawson
Originally Posted By: Real Hunter, Alll the time.

Cool site, Hunter!

I'm glad to see Joe, Alex and some of our other old regulars still active online and producing comics and stories, though I miss seeing them here. Tell them I said hello, OK? I'd try to register myself over there, but I don't know how welcome my overture would be. I fear they're probably still pissed about the Kubert thread six months ago.

Actually No! They've been asking about you and wanted you to join! All of them. No worries man you're more than welcome.

You even have your own thread!

Edited by Real Hunter, Alll the time. (04/12/13 06:00 PM)

#602042 - 04/12/13 09:11 PM Re: Marvel/DC take legal action for SuperHeroes? [Re: Real Hunter, Alll the time.]
Allen Montgomery Offline

They've been asking about you

They've also been continually logging in here.

#602043 - 04/12/13 09:25 PM Re: Marvel/DC take legal action for SuperHeroes? [Re: Allen Montgomery]

They've been asking about you

They've also been continually logging in here.

Thank you for your report Officer Allen Montgomery. I know now that all of Commie is safe with your constant patrolling of the comicon.com message boards and that we all would be lost with your expertise as the Comicon.com forum Police.

#602044 - 04/12/13 09:54 PM Re: Marvel/DC take legal action for SuperHeroes? [Re: Real Hunter, Alll the time.]
Allen Montgomery Offline

The point being since I always have spell everything out for you it's quite ridiculous that anyone would "ask about" anyone else when they not only have the tools to access that person directly, they also use those tools.

Moderator:  Rick Veitch, Steve Conley