Page 12 of 12 < 1 2 ... 10 11 12
Topic Options
#602414 - 11/04/13 03:42 PM Re: The books I'm reading thread... [Re: shjonescrk]
shjonescrk Offline

Loc: Airdrie, Scotland
Velvet #1 - I got a European vibe off of Epting's art. I am not sure if I will stick with the monthlies or just get the collections.

Sex Criminals 1 & 2 - I liked this a lot. Crazy stuff.

Lazarus 4 - nice art better than the previous issue. I am stopping this one here.

Astonishing Spider-man Volume 3 issue 100, Astonishing Spider-man Volume 4 issues 1 & 2 (British Reprints) - great value for money, the equivalent of 3 monthly comics for the price of 1. These stories cover the end of Amazing & the start of Superior Spider-man. The last Amazing story is really quite good, quite touching in fact for an old time Spidey fan but the Superior stuff is a bit meh. Still the art was good.

Essential X-Men & Avengers British reprints - Avengers vs X-Men. Some nice bits - the banter between Namor and some female character was clever - but it is all over the shop. Nice art by and large. I think I won't bother with the rest of the story. I am sure there will be "shocking" conclusion and the Marvel Universe will never be the same.

#602967 - 02/14/14 04:54 PM Re: The books I'm reading thread... [Re: shjonescrk]
shjonescrk Offline

I've dug out some of my old Unknown Worlds of Science Fiction. Adaptations like "Behold the Man" and "Repent Harlequin, said the Ticktock man" without art by the peerless Alex Nino.

#602994 - 02/17/14 10:44 PM Re: The books I'm reading thread... [Re: shjonescrk]
Alexander Ness Online   shocked

Loc: Minnesota
Outside of reading for research I read almost nothing, but I did read Forever People by Kirby again.

That kind of funk just can't be copied and retain the funk.

#603001 - 02/18/14 12:55 AM Re: The books I'm reading thread... [Re: Alexander Ness]
Allen Montgomery Online   content

I finally ordered the new edition of Loomis' Creative Illustration. That's the capper of his collection of important drawing texts.

#603044 - 02/20/14 02:28 AM Re: The books I'm reading thread... [Re: Allen Montgomery]
Alexander Ness Online   shocked

Loc: Minnesota
I just read 400 pages of studies that in the end I have no use for in my future work. I need to sit back, crack open a bunch of comics, and just enjoy.

I am thinking Inhumans with Paul Jenkins and Jae Lee.

#603095 - 02/24/14 08:57 AM Re: The books I'm reading thread... [Re: Alexander Ness]
shjonescrk Offline

Long John Silver by Xavier Dorison, illustrated by Mathieu Laufray. A continuation of sorts of Treasure Island, this is a great French comic. Lovely art by Laufray. His Long John Silver drips with menace.

Page 12 of 12 < 1 2 ... 10 11 12

Moderator:  Rick Veitch, Steve Conley