Page 4 of 4 < 1 2 3 4
Topic Options
#602490 - 11/22/13 03:30 PM Re: One forum to go... [Re: Allen Montgomery]
Allen Montgomery Offline

#602491 - 11/22/13 03:37 PM Re: One forum to go... [Re: Allen Montgomery]
Allen Montgomery Offline

Here's a hint as to what I'm referring to: Tony's spam will outlive us all.

#602493 - 11/25/13 12:00 AM Re: One forum to go... [Re: Allen Montgomery]
Allen Montgomery Offline

What a co-inky-dink:

http://lxng.forumotion.com/t1044-goodbye-and-thank-you

#602501 - 11/26/13 04:36 PM Re: One forum to go... [Re: Allen Montgomery]
Allen Montgomery Offline

Watching Tony's spam slowly overtake the rest of the board was the only reason to visit. Everyone else seems to agree.

#602502 - 11/26/13 05:45 PM Re: One forum to go... [Re: Allen Montgomery]
Alexander Ness Online   shocked

Loc: Minnesota
hmmmm, it has to do with the League's forum. OK.

I should say I guess, though I have my issues, that there are a great number of hidden forums there, so, the visible ones are the ones you get to see as a non-member.

#602503 - 11/26/13 08:28 PM Re: One forum to go... [Re: Alexander Ness]
Allen Montgomery Offline

And do any of those hidden forums have anywhere near as many topics and posts as Tony's spam forum had?

#602504 - 11/26/13 08:34 PM Re: One forum to go... [Re: Allen Montgomery]
Alexander Ness Online   shocked

Loc: Minnesota
They had a lot last I was there but, I haven't been there for quite a while. And I don't intend upon returning.

#602505 - 11/26/13 10:26 PM Re: One forum to go... [Re: Allen Montgomery]
Defiant1 Offline

Loc: Atlanta GA

I'm strangely amused to see someone other than me call Tony's posts spam. When I brought that up years ago, I offended people here. In all honesty, I wouldn't have called his posts spam if he actually participated as a member. It's just annoying to see someone do nothing but promote themselves then wander off. It's even worse to see them do it on every comic messageboard they can pollute. I'm sure it might've been interesting had he actually conversed with people on a regular basis.

Edited by Defiant1 (11/26/13 10:27 PM)

#602511 - 11/27/13 06:18 AM Re: One forum to go... [Re: Defiant1]
Allen Montgomery Offline

I first witnessed Tony's blatant and unrepentant spamming on Usenet back in the late 90's. People there were already asking him to tone it down, and he constantly railed about how the Internet should have more rules. He's supposedly got a reputation as being a nice guy, but on the Internet he's a fucking idiot.

#602516 - 11/27/13 02:32 PM Re: One forum to go... [Re: Allen Montgomery]
Defiant1 Offline

Loc: Atlanta GA
Yes, that's where I first encountered it. I migrated from the usenet also. It was cool until it became overwhelmed with spam. Tony's stuff was tame in comparison, but it still annoyed me.

Right now RSS feeds are the perfect tool to spread information. If people care they can subscribe and have all his links delivered straight to an email program like Thunderbird. It shows up right in their inbox and it can be forwarded to people who might actually care. Twitter is the web equivalent for those who have no idea what an RSS feed is. The user decides what they get or don't get. Anything else is forcing information on people who don't want it or need it. I'd call him more of an asshole. I think he knows exactly what he's doing and doesn't care because 1% of the people he spammed will come suck up to him and thank him for spamming them.

Edited by Defiant1 (11/27/13 02:32 PM)

Page 4 of 4 < 1 2 3 4

Moderator:  COMICON Admin