Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#602536 - 11/30/13 01:24 PM The NFL Playoff system.
New Age Poster. Offline

Do you agree-disagree or what?

*YES. I like that the division winners get in regardless.

*NO. The teams with the best records should go.

*Expand the playoffs so that a team who goes 14-2 has a better chance.

*Let all the teams in and play the game... #1 vs #16 - #8 vs #9 etc-etc.

#602537 - 11/30/13 01:28 PM Re: The NFL Playoff system. [Re: New Age Poster.]
New Age Poster. Offline

Why don't they just get rid of the divisions and just have conferences. The AFC and NFC. The top 8 in each conference make the playoffs. Pretty much like college basketball tournaments (The ACC, SEC, BIG-10 tournys) are done. Except the top 4 teams do not get byes. #1 vs #16 so on and so on.

It can be done.

It's just they would have to play more games. I say make it a 20 game season. Each team play evrey member in thier conference and 4 games against the other coference.

#602538 - 11/30/13 08:11 PM Re: The NFL Playoff system. [Re: New Age Poster.]
Defiant1 Offline

Loc: Atlanta GA
My dad grew up with chronic asthma and never indoctrinated me into this ritual of sports or being a sports fans. I'm inherently opposed to the concept that one team or individual must lose so the other can win. It pervades through society and I have no interest in any of it. I prefer a philosophy which provides balance such as one team intentionally desiring low points so the other can achieve a goal of acquiring high ones. They work in harmony rather than against one another.

df1

Edited by Defiant1 (11/30/13 08:12 PM)

#602539 - 11/30/13 08:42 PM Re: The NFL Playoff system. [Re: Defiant1]
New Age Poster. Offline

My dad taught me how to draw comics. By my 14th birthday I
decided this shit was for geeks.

A couple of years ago I got back into it and presented some art work to The Gutters. Then I realized I was a geek.

Never played team sports in school, but was pretty good playing football, basketball, baseball, dodgeball and most games youngsters play with friends but it's something I respect and enjoy.

If it's a shoulder you wish to cry on you picked the wrong guy. I feel your pain but honestly you should really get over that.

The Gutters is no place to post your weakness or what you didn't get growing up. My advice for you is to seek help some where else.

Now back to the topic..... The NFL Playoff system. Do you agree-disagree or what?

Edited by New Age Poster. (11/30/13 08:45 PM)

#602543 - 11/30/13 09:53 PM Re: The NFL Playoff system. [Re: New Age Poster.]
Allen Montgomery Online   content

If you enjoy watching brawny young men grabbing each other, you may want to just cut to the chase.

#602544 - 12/01/13 09:04 AM Re: The NFL Playoff system. [Re: Allen Montgomery]
Defiant1 Offline

I neither asked for sympathy nor do I need it. I'm merely spreading wisdom about a disease that plagues to world. If you are infected, seek a cure.

df1

#602545 - 12/01/13 09:10 AM Re: The NFL Playoff system. [Re: Allen Montgomery]
Defiant1 Offline

[quote=Allen Montgomery]If you enjoy watching brawny young men grabbing each other, you may want to just cut to the chase.
[/quote]

The sport definitely caters to gay men. I'm just not sure how they can tell the difference between the "Wide Receiver" and the "Tight End". Maybe they find out when someone "goes long". Between the ass slapping and grabbing the balls between someones legs, the sport has always made me cringe.

df1

#602549 - 12/02/13 12:49 AM Re: The NFL Playoff system. [Re: Defiant1]
New Age Poster. Offline

What do yall want from me? Both of you are claiming that football players/playing football is gay. Really?

[Quote: By Defiant1
The sport definitely caters to gay men. I'm just not sure how they can tell the difference between the "Wide Receiver" and the "Tight End". Maybe they find out when someone "goes long". Between the ass slapping and grabbing the balls between someones legs, the sport has always made me cringe.]

^Are you really trying to get a rise out of me with corney bull like that?^

You probaly figured I would go straight up guttersnipe on you. You have to do alot better than that.

That's a kindergarden/second grade comment you made. The comics discussion forum is best suited for you.....Baahahahahahahaha.

#602554 - 12/02/13 04:53 PM Re: The NFL Playoff system. [Re: New Age Poster.]
New Age Poster. Offline

Here is another suggestion for the current playoff system.

Division winners get in but do not have an automatic home game. 4 division winners and two wild card teams get in.

The current NFC Playoff:

1. Seattle 10 1 0
2. New Orleans 9 2 0
3. Detroit 7 5 0
4. Dallas 7 5 0
5. Carolina 9 3 0
6. San Francisco 8 4 0

The new playoff seystem would be:

1. Seattle 10 1 0
2. New Orleans 9 2 0
3. Carolina 9 3 0
4. San Francisco 8 4 0
5. Detroit 7 5 0
6. Dallas 7 5 0

That would give the teams with the best record in the wild-card game home field advantage.

Why should Carolina and San Francisco play away when they have better records than Detroit and Dallas?

In the AFC Kansas City is tied for the second best record but be a #5 seed and play on the road.

#602555 - 12/02/13 06:19 PM Re: The NFL Playoff system. [Re: New Age Poster.]
Defiant1 Offline

[quote=New Age Poster.]What do yall want from me? Both of you are claiming that football players/playing football is gay. Really?

[Quote: By Defiant1
The sport definitely caters to gay men. I'm just not sure how they can tell the difference between the "Wide Receiver" and the "Tight End". Maybe they find out when someone "goes long". Between the ass slapping and grabbing the balls between someones legs, the sport has always made me cringe.]

^Are you really trying to get a rise out of me with corney bull like that?^

You probaly figured I would go straight up guttersnipe on you. You have to do alot better than that.

That's a kindergarden/second grade comment you made. The comics discussion forum is best suited for you.....Baahahahahahahaha.

[/quote]

Do you hang out at kindergarten and hear a lot of lines like that?

df1

Edited by Defiant1 (12/02/13 06:19 PM)

#602556 - 12/02/13 09:05 PM Re: The NFL Playoff system. [Re: Defiant1]

I think his Grindr account must have gotten cancelled, so he's posting here instead.

#602762 - 01/08/14 03:32 AM Re: The NFL Playoff system. [Re: Allen Montgomery]
New Age Poster. Offline

league owners considering adding two additional wild-card teams to the playoff mix. On the final week of the regular season, 13 out of 16 division games had playoff implications. The league needs to keep that competitiveness, and could try to hone it with additional playoff teams.

http://espn.go.com/new-york/nfl/story/_/id/10260730/roger-goodell-noncommittal-future-cold-weather-super-bowls

^LINK^

#602875 - 02/01/14 12:57 AM Re: The NFL Playoff system. [Re: Defiant1]
New Age Poster. Offline

NASCAR has revamp their playoff format. Why can't The NFL change?

NASCAR will make the most extensive changes to its split-season playoff format since the Chase for the Sprint Cup was introduced in 2004, expanding the Chase field from 12 to 16 drivers and emphasizing winning races.

For more copy and paste the link below:

http://espn.go.com/racing/nascar/cup/story/_/id/10376863/nascar-makes-big-changes-chase-playoff-format

#602876 - 02/01/14 02:02 PM Re: The NFL Playoff system. [Re: New Age Poster.]
Defiant1 Offline

They should include a few hockey teams to make the game more interesting.

#602877 - 02/01/14 04:51 PM Re: The NFL Playoff system. [Re: Defiant1]

If football was like the opening scene of The Last Boyscout, I'd probably watch.

#602880 - 02/02/14 01:27 AM Re: The NFL Playoff system. [Re: Allen Montgomery]
New Age Poster. Offline

Funny Books does sports comics. Steve Bissette did a comic on football faries..or was it elves? The teenage turtle Ralphiel loved sports.

I once saw a Super Man movie where he played football as Clark Kent. He tried not too use his super powers but to save Loris Lane but he had too.

Allen, did you know that Loris Lane died in a Superman funnybook.

Defiant1, can you name the first black funnybook comic super hero.

Two asses without a clue

Edited by New Age Poster. (02/02/14 01:29 AM)

#602894 - 02/02/14 02:20 AM Re: The NFL Playoff system. [Re: New Age Poster.]
Defiant1 Offline

[quote=New Age Poster.]Funny Books does sports comics. Steve Bissette did a comic on football faries..or was it elves? The teenage turtle Ralphiel loved sports.

I once saw a Super Man movie where he played football as Clark Kent. He tried not too use his super powers but to save Loris Lane but he had too.

Allen, did you know that Loris Lane died in a Superman funnybook.

Defiant1, can you name the first black funnybook comic super hero.

Two asses without a clue

[/quote]

Black Panther is generally considered to be the first black superhero and The Falcon is generally considered to be the first African-American superhero. However, Jim Shooter claims he originally intended on a Legion of Superheroes character to be black prior to all that and it was shot down by the editor.

That being said, I haven't read every comic published, so there might have been a masked hero that never had his skin color revealed. None of them even hold a candle to Zwanna Son of Zulu who gets laid in his first issue and then goes on to fight Redneck Skinheads and Transvestites after that.

As far as Lois Lane dying, that's probably happened dozens of times. That kinda story is normal for DC in the 50's and 60's. I think it's far more interesting that Lois Lane became a black woman in Lois Lane #106.

#602898 - 02/02/14 02:49 AM Re: The NFL Playoff system. [Re: Defiant1]
New Age Poster. Offline

^Defiant1 you are correct^

Much respect too you.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Moderator:  COMICON Admin