Topic Options
#602850 - 01/26/14 10:10 PM And school is already canceled for tomorrow
Alexander Ness Online   shocked

Loc: Minnesota
My boy is home so we'll watch a couple movies.

Then on Tuesday, back to Chemo.

#602853 - 01/26/14 11:55 PM Re: And school is already canceled for tomorrow [Re: Alexander Ness]
Defiant1 Offline

Loc: Atlanta GA
[quote=Alexander Ness]My boy is home so we'll watch a couple movies.

Then on Tuesday, back to Chemo. [/quote]

Tell the doctor you are hoping to get superpowers from the injection.

I was injected with Technetium once, but I never got any superpowers.

#602854 - 01/26/14 11:59 PM Re: And school is already canceled for tomorrow [Re: Defiant1]

The chemo visits suck, but, I am half way through, so I am going downhill now.

I don't look forward to it, but, getting it done, is a good thing.

#602857 - 01/27/14 08:56 PM Re: And school is already canceled for tomorrow [Re: Alexander Ness]
Defiant1 Offline

Our neighbor is an older man who had colon cancer. He was setback severely by chemo. It had him so weak that he said he was going to refuse a second round. After a year of not seeing him outdoors, he slowly started getting out of the house to do yard work. He seems to be doing much better.

#602859 - 01/27/14 10:51 PM Re: And school is already canceled for tomorrow [Re: Defiant1]

I have the cancer in a battled state, if I quit the chemo I'd be giving up.

I have to see my grandkids so, I am going on.

#602861 - 01/28/14 05:53 AM Re: And school is already canceled for tomorrow [Re: Alexander Ness]
Defiant1 Offline

[quote=Alexander Ness]I have the cancer in a battled state, if I quit the chemo I'd be giving up.

I have to see my grandkids so, I am going on. [/quote]

He was older and he was ready to give up. Something changed his mind because he's better.

df1

#602869 - 01/29/14 09:05 AM Re: And school is already canceled for tomorrow [Re: Defiant1]
Defiant1 Offline

Atlanta is iced up. Snow came through Atlanta yesterday. I left work at 11 AM while it was just starting. I got home and made it to the grocery store before it got bad. I slept through the snowfall as it got worse. Schools let out early which caused parents to leave work early. Traffic has been at a dead stop on the expressways. A school bus full of kids was still on the road stranded at 9 PM yesterday. The news interviewed a lady that ran out of gas after 6 hours in traffic and she had to abandon her car on the road to get gasoline.

Last night I took a walk on my residential street and there were no tire tracks or footprints at all. I walked down to the main street and cars were sliding into a ditch at the bottom of a hill. This morning there was a car fully in the ditch. Ironically, it had a Minnesota tag. Another car behind it had been abandoned and I watch a car slide into the one that was abandoned. The ice is only an inch thick, but it's like glass where the snow has been compressed. I was going to see if they needed help but there was nothing I could do. An SUV from the state drove by and the driver was just shaking his head. There was nothing he could do either.

Edited by Defiant1 (01/29/14 09:07 AM)

Moderator:  COMICON Admin