Page 3 of 42 < 1 2 3 4 5 ... 41 42 >
Topic Options
#9710 - 11/13/04 10:18 AM Re: [Hype] New John Byrne Column @ UGO: "Those Wacky Superheroes"
Mr. Bones Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by jack:
for the record, hypocricy is with an "I", whoever uses that word with an "a" is just guessing, and a fucking moron.

Look, I like you guys and all, but this isn't the Byrne board. if you can't criticize him where he is, and whine about his minutae endlessly over here, then he's won.

What's even more interesting is seeing artist's like David and Larsen pile in. You guys have a professional beef with Byrne, or is it now "mob mentality"?

You are the same "folks" that criticize me for my flame wars and "inappropriate behavior", I wish you'd all stop being such "hypocrates".

If you can't criticize him on his turf, then shut the fuck up, most of the rest of us could care less.

I understand why you'd think that, but the problem is, according to these posts, on occasion people could get suspended on the Byrne forum simply for having a dissenting opinion--and it's not limited to comics fans--Just ask Mark Waid, Peter David, and Erik Larsen.

#9711 - 11/13/04 11:24 AM Re: [Hype] New John Byrne Column @ UGO: "Those Wacky Superheroes"
jack Offline

Loc: Just south of NYC
Then I would think that's fodder for Gail at YABS, Johnston at LITG, the Pulse, ADD's column etc etc etc.

If what he's doing is so egregious, I mean.

Do y'all think that bitching about him at Commie is doing anything other than giving him a pulsing throbbing erection?

#9712 - 11/13/04 11:42 AM Re: [Hype] New John Byrne Column @ UGO: "Those Wacky Superheroes"
Charles Reece Offline

Loc: us of fuckin' a
psst, Jack, there's only 1 'c' in the word.

I think that every messboard on the web should post the word HYPOCRISY just so everyone can cut-and-paste. It's sort of like the old infer/imply: how can any comics reader get this one mixed up after Sim? Hasn't there been enough attention drawn to hypocrisy's misspelling for everyone to now get it right, or at least to create sufficient doubt for posters to use this handy-dandy reference tool ?

#9713 - 11/13/04 12:56 PM Re: [Hype] New John Byrne Column @ UGO: "Those Wacky Superheroes"
jack Offline

I know how to spell the fucking word Charles.

But by all means, continue the mass debating about it.

#9714 - 11/13/04 01:55 PM Re: [Hype] New John Byrne Column @ UGO: "Those Wacky Superheroes"
necrotechno Offline

Quote:
Look, I like you guys and all, but this isn't the Byrne board. if you can't criticize him where he is, and whine about his minutae endlessly over here, then he's won. [...] If you can't criticize him on his turf, then shut the fuck up, most of the rest of us could care less.

It's hard to have a dissenting opinion in a forum that doesn't allow it. But if you don't like seeing Byrne get bashed then you are free, of course, to just not click on any thread with Byrne's name in the title.

#9715 - 11/13/04 02:04 PM Re: [Hype] New John Byrne Column @ UGO: "Those Wacky Superheroes"
jack Offline

I didn't say I hated seeing Byrne get bashed. That's not even what I'm talking about.

I'm quite simply saying that if it's his reputation you are trying to besmirch, there are better ways to go about it then topside at Commie.

You think he does anything but palm his meat when he lurks here?

#9716 - 11/13/04 02:15 PM Re: [Hype] New John Byrne Column @ UGO: "Those Wacky Superheroes"
jwyatt Offline

Loc: San Francisco, CA USA
Quote:
for the record, hypocricy is with an "I", whoever uses that word with an "a" is just guessing, and a fucking moron.

What about the brainiacs who spell it "hypocricy"?

The correct spelling is "hypocrisy."

Were you guessing, a moron, or both?

#9717 - 11/13/04 02:16 PM Re: [Hype] New John Byrne Column @ UGO: "Those Wacky Superheroes"
jack Offline

"We you guessing"

Who's the moron?

#9718 - 11/13/04 02:17 PM Re: [Hype] New John Byrne Column @ UGO: "Those Wacky Superheroes"
jwyatt Offline

Quote:
If you can't criticize him on his turf, then shut the fuck up, most of the rest of us could care less.

If you don't care, why do you open and read threads with Byrne's name in the subject?

#9719 - 11/13/04 02:19 PM Re: [Hype] New John Byrne Column @ UGO: "Those Wacky Superheroes"
jwyatt Offline

Quote:
I know how to spell the fucking word Charles.

I doubt it. You even avoided typing it in your reply, even when you could have cut-n-pasted it.

Page 3 of 42 < 1 2 3 4 5 ... 41 42 >

Moderator:  Rick Veitch, Steve Conley