Topic Options
#99915 - 12/23/02 07:57 PM Enjoying Ultimate Daredevil & Elektra?
redrocketred Offline

Loc: San Francisco, California, Uni...
I can't say that there's anything about it that improves on the original story. It should actually be titled Ultimate Elektra because Daredevil just has a supporting role in this story. In fact it's not even Daredevil, it's Matt Murdock. And even though it's not a bad story, I don't see the purpose of this story beyond Marvel trying to make some extra cash over the coming movie. It doesn't add anything to mythology of cursed relationship between Elektra and Matt. The story isn't even about that. I really don't care about this Elektra. In fact I really don't care about the Marvel Knight Elektra, but that's another post.

#99916 - 12/23/02 09:12 PM Re: Enjoying Ultimate Daredevil & Elektra?
SwiftMann Offline

Loc: Baltimore, Maryland
I've got to agree with you. The only things that differentiate this book from the "regular" is 1) Elektra is in college 2) it's got an 'Ultimate' in the title and 3) it got a new #1.

This is the last time I buy an Ultimate book (not that I've bought many).

#99917 - 12/23/02 10:21 PM Re: Enjoying Ultimate Daredevil & Elektra?
TylerS Offline

Loc: Colorado
I love it as well as Rucka's Elektra title. I agree that it should be called "Ultimate Elektra," but sales would be 1/2 of what they are.
"I love Chuck Austen. He's such a barn door target. Mind you, if the author of such commercial juggernauts as The Eternal, US War Machine and (snigger) The Call really wants to argue that his sales reflect the quality of his writing, who am I to disagree with him?"

"I just thought I'd mention that because I really enjoy typing the words "Austen's final issue" and hope to do so more frequently in future."

-Paul O'Brien thexaxis.com

#99918 - 12/24/02 11:43 AM Re: Enjoying Ultimate Daredevil & Elektra?
Constantine Offline

Loc: Joplin, Missouri USA
Good Story and Art. The tweaks have been fairly minor.What it seems to me is a chance to get Elektra into the movie costume.

"That's Just My Opinion, I could be wrong."
Dennis Miller

#99919 - 12/24/02 12:53 PM Re: Enjoying Ultimate Daredevil & Elektra?
SwiftMann Offline

Loc: Baltimore, Maryland
Quote:
Originally posted by Constantine:
Good Story and Art. The tweaks have been fairly minor.What it seems to me is a chance to get Elektra into the movie costume.

I agree that the story in and of itself is good, pointless, but good.

As far as the costume change goes have you been reading the 'regular' MK book? She dumped her red outfit and is wearing a black half-top and black stretch (?) pants now. Sound familiar?

#99920 - 12/24/02 09:51 PM Re: Enjoying Ultimate Daredevil & Elektra?
scudthedisposableassasin Offline

Loc: Chicago
I am enjoying.

Swiftman...SEALAB RULES

"You're crazy!" " That's what they said about Son Of Sam" - Caddyshack.

"Well I got news forya meatwad. That bus is not a vampire." " I know I know. It's a reverse vampire. Ya see the thing you need to look at is the weels. Those are the markings." "Whoever's in that bus is not Dracula!" "He's not in the bus Frilock, he IS the bus. Im a detective." Aquateen

#99921 - 12/24/02 10:29 PM Re: Enjoying Ultimate Daredevil & Elektra?
Doctor Awesome Offline

Loc: Citadel of Cool
I was wondering how many people would agree with this:

What the fuck is the deal with all these comics conforming to the movies?

I mean, sure, update the crappy relic-from-the-seventies-designed-by-a-third-grader costumes, but don't just conform to some Hollywood product. I know it's important to bring in new readers, but people, even little kids, aren't that stupid.

When I was nine, right after I had seen the Batman movie, I picked up an issue of Detective. I loved it.

I don't get it, man.

- The Gorch

#99922 - 12/30/02 01:53 PM Re: Enjoying Ultimate Daredevil & Elektra?
siegwulf Offline

Loc: Avon, France
well, I'm not a fan of elektra, as well as DD for a while, I think that the other Elektra series sucked a lot since years, but this series, with the excelletn writing of Rucka and the amazing work of Larroca (as usual) rock !!
I actually really appreciate elektra under the ultimate line, and I hope to read more of her !! wink

Moderator:  Rick Veitch, Steve Conley