Quote:
Originally posted by Keith Klein:
They may not be talking about the book on your message board, Nat,
It's not my message board, Keith. I'm just a user here.
Quote:
but the sales were steady
Ah, so you got sales out of the free publicity, and rather than being thankful for it, you're here whining that you didn't get more.
Quote:
until I got bumped, moved, deleted ...whatever you want to call it.
You did not get moved, did not get deleted, the message board just worked like message boards do, and you slid lower on the list.
Quote:
I spent a lot of time on this book, I got a lot of good response on it elsewhere...eleven days on page one, three months after my book came out, just seems a little short.
It does? Really? How many books do you think come out in a given month?
Quote:
I don't expect "folks to do free marketing on my behalf", smarty pants...
Really? Because you're here whining that your piece was deleted (which it wasn't) after marketing your product for only 11 days.
Quote:
just looking for a little equal time
Your post seems to have gotten equal treatment by the system.
Quote:
and some basic human respect (thank you's and simple communication), which Jen clearly fell short of, and which you failed to address.
Let's see now. First I have to face the fact that I've only got your version of events, and your post contains things that I know to be inaccurate. And even given that, you are apparently bothered that she didn't thank you for her giving your work free coverage? And that a death in her family may merely have slowed her down rather than stopping things altogether?

If you really want a comment on human respect, I'll give you one... but I'll warn you now, you won't come out looking good in it.
Quote:
Let this be a warning of what you can expect, fellow artists and writers, if you want to go into publishing comic books on your own.
And if you want to do so without funding, put books out at random times, and act rudely to the very people who helped you promote your work, then what might happen to you is... unreasonable ranting comes from your fingers?