Quote:
Alan Moore, up until now unaware that the deal was in the works, told the SPLASH that he would not finish his runs on the AWESOME books, such as SUPREME and YOUNGBLOOD, who's storylines were left dangling when the company collapsed in 1998. Moore told the SPLASH that, "I consider it a hostile act that precludes me working for Awesome again, or with Marvel ever in the future. If this is the only way they can get me, they are welcome to the scraps." Despite recent well publicized attempts by Marvel EIC Joe Quesada to recruit Moore, the British writer has long resisted working for Marvel due to the threat of lawsuit by the company, forcing him to change the name of his MARVELMAN character to MIRACLEMAN in 1987. Developing.

Perhaps someone should tell Moore--and possibly you, too, Rick--that Marvel International is not a subsidiary of Marvel Enterprises, but is a completely separate company licensed to reprint Marvel (and other publishers') material in Europe?

(It was a part of the now-bankrupt and defunct Marvel Entertainment, created when the Italian Pannini company was acquired by the Perelman-controlled company back in the early '90s. But it was sold off during the bankruptcy of said Marvel Entertainment and was not part of the various entities that joined to become Marvel Enterprises at the conclusion of that bankruptcy.)

Hence, selling reprint rights to Marvel International is no different than selling them to any other European comics publisher that is not related to Marvel US.