SIMONE, HERNANDEZ COME OUT WITH GUNS BLAZING IN 'KILLER PRINCESSES'

You say that you really enjoy Gail Simone's weekly razor slashes of humor in her You'll All Be Sorry column, but what you'd really like from her is a black and white miniseries featuring heavily armed beautiful women who wear tiaras?

It sounds like "Killer Princesses" is made for you.

"I'd say it's a comic that finally satisfies that long-ignored, yet still crucial demographic group that enjoys stories about assassins who can't cook toast," Simone told the Comic Wire on Wednesday ...

SCOTT KOLINS SETS THE PACE IN 'THE FLASH'

With Geoff Johns settling in to his first post-trial period story arc as the permanent writer of DC Comics' "The Flash" has come changes to the book: A new focus on Keystone City, tackling some classic villains over a prolonged period and a new permanent artist on the book, Scott Kolins.

"I love working on 'The Flash,'" Kolins told the Comic Wire on Tuesday. "I've enjoyed Wally's character since his days as Kid Flash especially as a Teen Titan, and whereas I don't usually care for new people in familiar shoes (Joe Blow is now Capt. Original) -- Wally West's adoption of Barry Allen's costume/legacy always felt right ..."

WINDSOR-SMITH RETURNS TO MARVEL

It's been a while since Barry Windsor-Smith was a staple at Marvel Comics but it looks like the artist will have a chance to make a new generation of fans starting this spring.

"Barry's return was very, very simple. I made a call a couple weeks ago," Marvel editor-in-chief Joe Quesada said in one of Marvel's twice-monthly press conferences Wednesday morning. "I just asked Barry if there was any interest. I was very surprised to hear that Barry was intrigued by the possibility of returning to Marvel ..."

------------------
Beau Yarbrough,
Writer of the COMIC WIRE,
Published Mondays and Thursdays and when big news breaks
at http://www.ComicBookResources.com/