For god's sake, "Art" is not about how successful you are at drawing the "gluteus maximus" in perspective! Wanna draw like Frank Cho? Pick up a
copy of "The Famous Artists Course" on Ebay, or any of the tedious anatomy books by Andrew Loomis. Spend a few months on those and you'll be
all set.

If only it was that simple. And I have to disagree about Andrew Loomis. He was one of the best in the business and his books are a great source for inspiration and instruction.

Dismissing a whole generation of alternative cartoonists in favor of "craftsmen" like John Bucema is displaying one hell of an immature set of
esthetic standards!

And yet, you the artsy fartsy boys at the TCJ do exactly the same thing with "mainstream" artists. For you information, I didn't dismiss a whole generation of alternate artists, just most of them.

One gets the impression that Cho's the type who would gladly tear down the Picassos from the museum walls and replace them
with anatomically "correct" drawings of barbarians, women with big tits, and Dinosaurs!

No. I would replace them with Norman Rockwell, N.C. Wyeth, Alma-Tadema, Howard Pyle, Degas, John Singer Sargent, Velazquez, etc...People with real talent.

Frank Cho
LIBERTY MEADOWS