Ken Gale writes:

Hi, folks,

\'Nuff Said! , the comic book interview/talk show, is off the air as a regular show, but we still show up on the airwaves every once in a while.

The WBAI-FM schedule is being re-worked and though I was once told 'Nuff Said![/u] would return when that happened, 'Nuff Said! is not on the new
schedule. So, I would say we are not on hiatus, we are canceled! I am still at the mercy of other producers giving me time on their shows.

The next installment is another Tuesday overnight (Wednesday morning),December 30 (31), 2003 from 3:30 AM to about 4:30 AM. That's North American eastern time. So it starts just after midnight on the west coast and mid-morning in western Europe. Tell your friends and e-lists.

Ken Gale

I again substitute for Susan Brown's show, "Punk and Hardcore," playing hard rock music, but opening this time with my first live [i]'Nuff Said!
interview in 19 months.

Brian Pulido is the writer/creator of the
independent hit characters Lady Death and Evil Ernie and former head of the now-defunct Chaos Comics. He won the 1999 Defender of Liberty Award from the Comic Book Legal Defense Fund. Brian's career has had many highs and lows.

Joining me for the entire show will be Frank Mancuso. Being live, we can take listener phone calls!

For those of you in the listening area who won't be up that late, you can tape the radio using a vcr by simply connecting the input of your vcr to the output of your stereo. There is a more detailed description of this on our
web site:
http://www.comicbookradioshow.com/vcr.html.

For nine years I did about 400 comic book-oriented radio shows, live-streamed over the internet for the past several years, usually interviewing a creator.

I covered all styles and all eras, pointing out the diversity of the art form to a radio audience who was often unaware of the versatility of sequential art. For the past year, I have done occasional specials, fill-ins and guest stints, keeping the show alive (see http://www.comicbookradioshow.com/nsgl17.html for a recent list and links to the past Guest List). Many other WBAI producers have welcomed 'Nuff Said! segments on their shows and I can't thank them enough. WBAI-FM is alistener-supported Pacifica Network station.

WBAI-FM, 99.5, is a 50,000 watt station broadcast from the Empire State Building. The signal usually gets out to New Haven, CT; Westhampton, L.I.;
the Poconos of Pennsylvania, Orange County, NY and Trenton & Princeton, NJ.
But via the internet for an even greater distance, natch.

Bernard White, the program director, said on the air June of last year that 'Nuff Said! was not canceled, just put "on hiatus," but he's brought out a new schedule and 'Nuff Said! is absent from it. Among his criticisms of
comic books are that they are "narrow-focused" and only appeal to "middle-class white males." Even mainstream comics don't deserve those criticisms (except for "male") and nearly every African-American who works at the station is into comics and has told him so, sometimes on the air.

Fannishly,
Ken Gale, producer, interviewer and host
http://www.comicbookradioshow.com