Rorschach #2... continuing the catchphrase-laden takedown of some rough-complected pimp.

Kovacs apparently has a girlfriend, a waitress at (WHERE ELSE??) the Gunga Diner. The (black) cook says something about forcing his knocked-up girlfriend to go on welfare and Kovacs interjects with an Ayn Rand-ism, albeit inadvertently. I wonder how they'll dispose of the waitress.

I hadn't noticed previously that this takes place in 1977, two years after the transformative Blaire Roche kidnapping incident. Interesting that Rorschach intervenes in a situation of one of the pimp's strongarms roughing up a hooker, and has nothing to say to or about the hooker.

I thought the typewriter style captions in #1 were just Rorschach's internal dialogue, but apparently it's what he's already begun putting in his journal. There are strikethrough typos this time and they even show the typewriter.

Internal ad for a Hellblazer collection written by Azzarello, with a gushing blurb from... Alan Moore. I'm guessing that wasn't recent.

Alt cover by Mark Simpson (under his moronic "Jock" pseudonym) dashing off yet another of his cheap Sienkiewicz-esque regurgitations.