I went with a group of people to see Seven Psychopaths but couldn't talk anybody into sticking around for Atlas Shrugged. So I watched it alone. Of the other twelve people in the theater, there were four other loner guys. In the four couples, all the men were hunched over to their women whispering explanations through the whole movie and they weren't interested at all in the trailers.

The movie was about as bad as I expected. CGI for the train wreck and the airplane chase was some of the worst stuff I've ever seen that wasn't on SyFy. Score pieces get recycled many times. The set for the accident at the steel mill looked like something from a sitcom. Several transitions were done with very cheap looking swipe-fades. Supposedly this time they had a fifty percent BIGGER budget! I'm guessing a lot of that must have gone to distribution since AS2 is playing at five theaters near me, as opposed to AS1 only playing at one theater on the other side of town. Also, TV commercials.

The run time was under two hours, so the extra-talky second act got seriously compressed. The Ayn Rand strawmen were even more ridiculous and cartoony than in the first movie. Francisco's "money is the root of all good" speech clocked under a minute-and-a-half.

The actress playing Dagny this time is older and fatter. Every re-casted actor was even less of what might have been derived from the book than any of the original cast. Many notable has-beens here and there. I felt especially sorry for Diedrich Bader, Michael Gross and Patricia Tallman. Teller (of Penn &...) has a small speaking(!) role. Sean Hannity and some other Fox News douchebags show up, too.