Here, read this blog entry:

http://ordstersrandomthoughts.blogspot.com/2013/03/life-over-fifty.html

I'll briefly touch on the subject of Ordway's self-assessment that his work is "still sharp." While I never disliked his work, I rarely loved it (most often his inks over someone else's pencils). He's one of the better ones influenced by Neal Adams, in that he didn't slavishly copy Neal Adams and not reference from life some times, but the net result usually comes off a bit squishy. Technically superb but emotionally mediocre.

What I want to call to your specific attention, however, is something else that Ordway must be painfully oblivious to in the arc of his life. Notice how many times he says he "poured his heart and soul" into corporate owned properties. Crappy ones like the "Shazam" reboot and the Death of Superman. Then also notice he doesn't even mention his attempt at a creator-owned property, Wildstar, which was really just another example of Ordway's forté, the generic spandex superhero. He must revel in the notion of being a cog, of simply following in the footsteps of his predecessors and copying not only their creative content but also their mistakes in business.

Let's be clear here — when you use your artistic talent/skill to make yourself a disposable commodity, that is what you will be. Had he instead spent his energy at a non-creative job, he'd at least have a pension by now.

Note down in the comments Roger Langridge "wishes he was doing another Rocketeer series" so he could get Ordway to draw it. I had such high hopes for that guy.